Millennium Galleries. Fantastic Exhibition

GrapeApe

I agree, it is a very worthwhile visit. I looked at the Hockney, the Van Dyke and the Hogarth and asked one of the assistants if they were the real thing! Oh yes, they are.

Recommended.

What does it say about Sheffield's cultural scene when you have to question the authenticity of the exhibitions?!

A Van Dyke? In Sheffield?!

:hihi:

What does it say about Sheffield's cultural scene when you have to question the authenticity of the exhibitions?!

A Van Dyke? In Sheffield?!

:hihi:

I spoke to the nice lady assistant 'tongue in cheek', of course they looked real. The Hockney is visually stunning, much more impressive than any image in a magazine.

Well done Museums Sheffield. A bit of taxpayers' money well spent, I hope you can do it again with funds from elsewhere.

I went yesterday and agree it's very good indeed, probably the best one I've seen there. There have been quite a few extremely dull exhibitions in there, but credit to the museums people for assembling this. It's very thoughtfully done and has some top quality stuff - here in Sheff of all places! The Sea exhibition is also very good.

There were loads of visitors there, so it's a big hit already. We need much more of this kind of thing, not less.