Scanning service question.

I do a lot of art/drawing as a hobby, mainly using A4 sized paper which I scan onto my computer using my printer/scanner that can accomadate A4 and smaller; of late though I've started using larger sized paper such as A3 and A1 but scanners for those sizes cost ££££££££££££!!

Is there somewhere you can take your A3 or A1 sized picture and have it scanned onto your USB stick? do Staples do such a service?

We used to put a camera on a tripod and do it that way with hot lights.

It has it's issues but it also has it's own character to...

Yeah I was thinking of just simply taking a photo of it but I've seen artwork online where you can tell the picture was photographed as opposed to scanned, it seldom looks great.

Yeah I was thinking of just simply taking a photo of it but I've seen artwork online where you can tell the picture was photographed as opposed to scanned, it seldom looks great.
With patience you can double scan and join up the two halfs of a a3 page in a a4 scanner.

Having looked at various Document Scanning business on the net, i'd say revert to an hour walking about town asking in copiers, etc, Division Street used to have one, Pinders, Andrews (does it still exist?), ask at Sheffield Uni (more likely that Hallam i'd say)? ...

Having looked at various Document Scanning business on the net, i'd say revert to an hour walking about town asking in copiers, etc, Division Street used to have one, Pinders, Andrews (does it still exist?), ask at Sheffield Uni (more likely that Hallam i'd say)? ...

Looks like thats what I'll have to do.

You mean fold it or cut it?? I dont want to ruin the actual picture to scan it into the computer.

The scanner i have has a hinge on the short side so a3s can be placed on the scanning surface and the lid just lowered down works great save as left and right join up in publisher.just checked on ebay scanners from £60-00 to £57776

The scanner i have has a hinge on the short side so a3s can be placed on the scanning surface and the lid just lowered down works great save as left and right join up in publisher.just checked on ebay scanners from £60-00 to £57776

Mines very old and cheap but the lid lifts right off.