Censorship of The Sheffield Star Articles

its not just the star, they have started to cut a few threads on here that on the face of them seems incongruous enough, i have stared to think their are people with interests in certain businesses that don't want the bad publicity this site can provide.

Hi....

Has anyone else noticed that the Sheffield Star sensor what stories you can comment on on their website?

Censor - or sensor - is hardly the right word. Restrict is more accurate but The Star doesn't have to allow comments on any article. It's a very amateurishly-run website that attracts the braindead and few others but then there's no reason The Star should put money into it. It does allow comments on articles involving race, immigration and other sensitive subjects but how it chooses which articles to allow comments on and which not to is not obvious. I'd guess there's no policy and someone just chooses at whim.

its not just the star, they have started to cut a few threads on here that on the face of them seems incongruous enough, i have stared to think their are people with interests in certain businesses that don't want the bad publicity this site can provide.

No; it's just that there are people who own this website, who have a vested interest in not being sued for libel when people make accusations that the forum owners can't possibly know the truth of.

No; it's just that there are people who own this website, who have a vested interest in not being sued for libel when people make accusations that the forum owners can't possibly know the truth of.

I see your point but if they operated an efficient comments section it is standard to allow comments to be reported and removed without any potential liability. I think the poster above nails it in so much as its just a very poorly run site with no policy on what and what isn't allowed.

• 2 weeks later...
i cant see them printing star in sunderland ,the place that it,s printed in now cost over 60million and is supposed to be the most modern in uk

told you they have 3 presses 2 are required by news international y post to start printing at dinnington site from this friday

told you they have 3 presses 2 are required by news international y post to start printing at dinnington site from this friday

well i,d like to know whee you,ve got your information from as i have asked a couple of people who work at the star and they have heard nothing about the star going to dinnington ,what they have heard is it is no longer going to be distributed by menzies though once the contract between menzies and johnston press has expired

well i,d like to know whee you,ve got your information from as i have asked a couple of people who work at the star and they have heard nothing about the star going to dinnington ,what they have heard is it is no longer going to be distributed by menzies though once the contract between menzies and johnston press has expired

star has been printed at dinnington for the past 5 years ??

my mistake i meant the people i,ve spoke to have heard nothing about the star going to sunderland

my original post : j p what about y post being printed in sunderland as from mid march due to closure of print site at leeds and star to be printed at sunderland fri pm .. one day a week only fri to accomadate yorkshire post not the yorkshire evening post as this will transferred to sunderland for good