Allotments available

We currently have allotments available at the following sites:

Corker Bottoms (Manor)

Finchwell Road (Handsworth)

Soap House Lane (Woodhouse)

For further information/to apply, please see our website or call 0114 2734528

Ceri Ashton, on behalf of Sheffield City Council Allotment Office

Hi Ceri,

I was wondering if the plots at Rivelin were definitely all taken? We go down every week and there are loads that look either very overgrown or abandoned. We are currently 50th on the waiting list, but are happy to take on one of the more challenging plots!

Hi barbiegirl80,

There's currently a team from Probabtion Services clearing rubbish and vegetation from around 40 disused plots which will then be offered out. We can only offer plots out in accordance with the waiting list, but you'll move up quickly once the cleared plots get allocated

with regards

Ceri Ashton on behalf of Sheffield City Council Allotment Office

Hi.

Just checking as you appear to know what is going on with the allotments. I have had my name on the waiting list 2 years+ for Hagg Lane. I'm just wondering how long is the list? I have phoned the office and left messages and emailed, but had no reply.

Cheers.

Hi 'Ickle Ed',

I'm sorry you've had no reply. If you'd like to email me at [email protected] with your full name I can let you know where you are on the waiting list

with regards

just wondering if there are any topsoil being deliverd to manor allotments this year

Hi 'Fishing1808',

I'm afraid it isn't something we generally provide. Perhaps try talking to the allotment society? Some societies get communal deliveries of manure

with regards

Hi Ceri

I submitted an application to join the waiting list for Rivelin at the weekend. Can you confirm you got it and will let me know my position on the list? Also, can you give an update on the plots there - did the probation team clear the 40 plots you mentioned? when I looked at the weekend there seemed to be lots of uncleared plots still - can you offer them out even if the tenant has to clear them because I'd be happy to take one on in that instance!

Hi 'HarrietStar',

Can you confirm your full name? If you'd sooner reply off the forum, my email address is [email protected]. The Community Payback team are still working at the site for the rest of the month. The Allotment Manager Michael Peacock is visiting the site this week to assess which plots can now be let out. We don't clear all plots before letting, it depends how severely overgrown they are, but we do allocate all plots in accordance with the waiting list.

with regards

hi we live in the s6 area and have been looking for an allotment for some time now we are on the waiting list for rivelin but the waiting list seems to be so long that it doesn't look like we will be getting one in the near future....do you know of any privately owned allotments or available allotments that are not so far away??

hi we live in the s6 area and have been looking for an allotment for some time now we are on the waiting list for rivelin but the waiting list seems to be so long that it doesn't look like we will be getting one in the near future....do you know of any privately owned allotments or available allotments that are not so far away??

I'm also in S6, we got fed up of the council waiting lists and ended up going private, we got 2 plots at Infield lane allotments in Darnall, £25ea/yr with water included, couldn't be happier, great community and a lot less red tape than on Council sites.