House for sale - No viewers

ive taken mine off and put it up for rent - i was sick of weirdo's coming round for a nosey afternoons entertainment at my time/expense,

also be prepared for a long wait - nothings moving and if its a first time buyer type house if it hasn't got strobes and pop up speech activated plasmas it probably won't sell as 1st timers want ridiculo hi spec trashy newness :|

I had the same problems with my sale.

your house is stunning it is exactly what i would look for in a house. i cant find many houses with original features!!

sadly we are unable to get a mortgage at the moment due to the big deposit you need these days, which is very depressing as i am desperate to buy my own home.

It's early days don't think about reducing yet not for a few months at least.

I spend a lot of time meeting with estate agents all of the country and the general feedback is that the Market is picking up so far as genuine buyers are concerned.

However we do all need to be realistic about HOW many genuine buyers are out there. The number of property transactions are increasing but the level is nowhere the point it was back in the boom.

Be patient and do all you can to improve the chance of your house selling. Here are some articles that may help:

http://www.whichpropertyagent.co.uk/property-news/how-to-sell-your-property-quickly

http://www.whichpropertyagent.co.uk/property-news/top-ten-tips-for-choosing-an-estate-agent-to-sell-your-house

Good luck and hope they help

James.

It seems that they talk the talk but don't walk the walk!

Your not wrong there I found them totally useless took it away from them after a while and have not bothered with anyone since.

I paid them upfront to have an Property Energy Certificate ( I think that's what they are called now) done and,when I asked them for it when I removed the property from them they said all Certificates were kept on a central file not sure whether I believe them or not.

I am considering marketing it myself.

Edited by d71146
Spelling

Estate agents are all the same, they do the minimum of work, but charge a fortune. We had a couple round to value and give us a quote (1.5%).

I did some research online and in the end went with housenetwork . Its all done oniline and you pay up front (Smaller fee). So i would recommend if you are just testing the water. The guy came round a day later, did all the measurements and took the photo's (fish eye lense, make the rooms look bigger). We were on Rightmove,Zoopla etc with 24 hours. We had viewings the next day and had accepted an offer within two weeks. We deal with Kayleigh at housenetwork and she was really good. Service was great and they were very proactive, when a viewing was confirmed they also send you an email reminder with confirmation of details! Also once you have been on the market a week, their website shows you the Righmove stats so you can see how many people have viewed your property.

I used a discount code YTOCXOCMFR and got 5% off, there doesnt seem to be any expiry date.

We are fingers crossed at the moment that it all goes through in the next couple of weeks.:rolleyes:

Estate agents are all the same, they do the minimum of work, but charge a fortune. We had a couple round to value and give us a quote (1.5%).

I did some research online and in the end went with housenetwork . Its all done oniline and you pay up front (Smaller fee). So i would recommend if you are just testing the water. The guy came round a day later, did all the measurements and took the photo's (fish eye lense, make the rooms look bigger). We were on Rightmove,Zoopla etc with 24 hours. We had viewings the next day and had accepted an offer within two weeks. We deal with Kayleigh at housenetwork and she was really good. Service was great and they were very proactive, when a viewing was confirmed they also send you an email reminder with confirmation of details! Also once you have been on the market a week, their website shows you the Righmove stats so you can see how many people have viewed your property.

I used a discount code YTOCXOCMFR and got 5% off, there doesnt seem to be any expiry date.

We are fingers crossed at the moment that it all goes through in the next couple of weeks.:rolleyes:

I am pleased to hear you have had some success I am going to contact them as well just can't be bothered with the local rip off merchants it's a good job they are not employed on a commission only basis they would all be thin and starving lol.

On the other hand I used a well known EA for my last sale and received very good service.

Yes it did cost me 1.5% but it sold within 4 weeks for just above asking price. This was in July 2010 when the market wasn't exactly bouyant.

They had a list of potential buyers who were wanting properties in my area and price range so had viewers lined up as soon as it went on the market.

This is something a purely internet based EA couldn't do.

Also I could go into my local branch and chat with the negotiator face to face.

My mum's house is currently up for sale with Haybrooks, in Rotherham. She hasn't had any viewers and it's been on the market since December. They do phone her every week though, to tell her she hasn't had any viewers!

Then she should consider herself lucky I didn't even have that.

Reading this over lunch...

We dealt with Kayleigh at housenetwork when buying a few months ago. Overall I have mixed feelings about the whole experience.

The main problem we had was that the vendor left Sheffield right after the offer was accepted. We wanted to have a viewing before exchange to make sure everything was in order. The vendor had left the country, the agent is in Essex (and does not have the key) and vendor's friend with a key wasn't reachable. In the end, after mounting pressure, we managed to get in, ensure that the house was in order and exchange.

Kayleigh was good, the problem is that the other people you deal with in the same agency aren't as good and often have no idea of what they are talking about.

The day of completion she was off. At 11 my solicitor rang me to tell me that the vendor solicitor had received the moneys and that I should contact the agent to collect the key. Since Kayleigh was on holiday, I rang the office number and they told me they would ring back to tell me where the key was. 2pm and no call, I decided to ring the agent back before contacting my solicitor and I got a candid reply "The key is with the neighbour across the road"... Hey, what about letting me know??

If it was me selling, I would definitely give them a try, if you sell you save a bunch! but wouldn'y pay upfront.

mine has been up for sale a week and we have had nothing. must be the market conditions. we have gone with 2roost £350 all in. Fingers crossed eh..!!

Hi everyone,

Just want to know.. any comment on the renters market currently? Is there still a crowd on the 'Buy to rent' side?

Thanks.