Hillsborough Boys Club

Hi CB

Yes Andy was at HBC. He was a very nice lad but grew away from us as he he got more famous. Unfortunately, Johnny Morrisey of Everton didn't read the script and absolutely roasted him on a drenched Hillsborough one night and Andy never really recovered. Harold Wilcockson was a good full back with Doncaster. I think Wednesday swapped him plus cash with my mate ( AND BEST MAN) Ian Branfoot. Ian phoned me a few weeks ago and he is fine. I worked with Ian at Lincoln City before he moved to Southampton. He's had a good career and is a damned good coach.

Back to Harold. His brother Albert, a center forward was a better player, although Harold would never admit that.

Another good HBC player was Keith Godwin ("Sailor" - as he worked for the admiralty) a no nonsense fullback who also played youth football for the Owls.Mick Parsons also took no prisoners. I am sorry to hear about Ted, he seemed indistructable, but alas none of us are.

Regards CB

Geoff

Sorry CB, Harold Wilcockson's brother was Allen not Albert! Pilot error

Henry Hall coached the boxers. A really quiet guy from wisewood way coached the second team(football). Dennis (happy) Strugles helped with the swimming and always watched the football first team.

I was there from 1959-67ish.

Mrs Royle travelled to manchester each day to work. Capt Stan played app 60 games for Man City as an amatuer (first team he said). Their son was a comedy actor who was on TV a lot.

The 4th picture from babyboomer. The guy right at the back in the middle. Was he the guy from Wisewood who managed the 2nd team? I really recognise him but can't remember his name

Geoff

I have managed to upload the pics, I hope they will bring back fond memories to some of you. Also included are the ones with Mr & Mrs Royale.QUOTE]

Really pleased to see my father in law, Jack Coyle, on one of the photos and also with his wife Gladys on another. Sadly neither of them are with us anymore.

I have managed to upload the pics, I hope they will bring back fond memories to some of you. Also included are the ones with Mr & Mrs Royale.QUOTE]

Really pleased to see my father in law, Jack Coyle, on one of the photos and also with his wife Gladys on another. Sadly neither of them are with us anymore.

At one time the different boys and youth clubs used to have games nights and play different sports .

If I recall correctly the Lemm brothers ; not sure if their names were Keith and Trevor dedicated a lot of time to running HBC.

I would have been one of the away team.

I do remember three HBC footballers as I played for the same Sheffield Boys Club team.

Jimmy Moore, Gary Moore and maybe one of your relatives Pete Coyle. All decent footballers and good lads.

At one time the different boys and youth clubs used to have games nights and play different sports .

If I recall correctly the Lemm brothers ; not sure if their names were Keith and Trevor dedicated a lot of time to running HBC.

I would have been one of the away team.

I do remember three HBC footballers as I played for the same Sheffield Boys Club team.

Jimmy Moore, Gary Moore and maybe one of your relatives Pete Coyle. All decent footballers and good lads.

Which year Sheffield Boys?

A bit confused with this last reply. this was what was originally posted by me:

[Really pleased to see my father in law, Jack Coyle, on one of the photos and also with his wife Gladys on another. Sadly neither of them are with us anymore.]

I don't know much about the boys club apart from knowing Jack Coyle attending regularly from before the war. Both him and his wife are pictured centre and towards the back of one of the photos, on the other photo Jack Coyle is second from right at the back.