Eastwood, Rotherham - anyone know what its like?

Give Eastwood a miss. What about Kimberworth or Brinsworth? Both are only a few minutes from Brightside.

Give Eastwood a miss. What about Kimberworth or Brinsworth? Both are only a few minutes from Brightside.

Some areas of Brinsworth are worse than Eastwood and I'd prefer to live in downtown Baghdad than Eastwood.

Thanks for all the information provided. I had thought the area seemed quite pleasent towards the small cul-de-sac which we had since, down by the Springwell Gardens estate in Eastwood. Obviously I'm not from the area so have no general background, though it did look good on the surface.

Are the comments above all factual, or is it just peoples perceptions, like those slating the Manor, even though it is nothing like what it used to be, and is actually quite a pleasent area now?

Thanks for all the information provided. I had thought the area seemed quite pleasent towards the small cul-de-sac which we had since, down by the Springwell Gardens estate in Eastwood. Obviously I'm not from the area so have no general background, though it did look good on the surface.

Are the comments above all factual, or is it just peoples perceptions, like those slating the Manor, even though it is nothing like what it used to be, and is actually quite a pleasent area now?

Take it from me, its factual....and not wanting to start any racist arguments, but certain areas of Eastwood are inhabited by people of a certain race, and in my personal experience, the times i have been in that area i got a distinct feeling i was not welcomed..but thats just my opinion..

I dont know hackenthorpe but i do know eastwood. Its main population is not white british, which to some may be a good or bad thing. My friends daughter aged 25 just moved there as a single parent as thats the only choice a private housing company gave her. She feels isolated and would prefer a more mixed race community with white british people as well. She also doesnt feel safe at night there. Its good for transport though. I wouldnt touch the area with a barge pole, its dirty looking and rough, just my opinion from living near to it for a few years,A few years ago.

Some areas of Brinsworth are worse than Eastwood and I'd prefer to live in downtown Baghdad than Eastwood.

I'd be interested to know which bit(s) of Brinsworth you consider worse than Eastwood?

I'd be interested to know which bit(s) of Brinsworth you consider worse than Eastwood?

My cousin lived opposite a pub called, the terrier (i think thats what it was called) and that was very rough! Although not sure worse than eastwood.

My apologies. I just realised I was thinking of Canklow :help:

My cousin lived opposite a pub called, the terrier (i think thats what it was called) and that was very rough! Although not sure worse than eastwood.

The Yorkshire Terrier is a bit rough but I wouldn't put the surrounding area in the same league as Eastwood.

My apologies. I just realised I was thinking of Canklow :help:

Now you are talking rough.

The only redeeming factor that Eastwood has is that I do not live there.