Snow thread 2012

m^rk

In all fairness to SCC, the main roads and even the pavements on Darnall were gritted this morning before the snow. I was on Staniforth Road around 7pm today and also saw a grit lorry.

Not using the right stuff then are they or not enough of it from what I've seen and heard

Not using the right stuff then are they or not enough of it from what I've seen and heard

Grit DOES NOT stop snow settling. why do you find this hard to understand. actually looking at your avatar its fully explained...

Yep maybe... yet they could have left earlier and missed the heaviest of the snow when roads were still passable.

what's your opinion on what the council could have done? any suggestions?

Maybe cleared up some of the dog crap so the kids scraping up snowballs off the pavements aren't flinging it around?

Maybe they could ask those 'on call' to do something productive instead of paying them to listen out for 'the call' that rarely comes.

It's probably been well documented but if you don't have to travel then don't! Just been for a takeaway (which was very nice :hihi:) and we didn't realise how bad it is - cars are getting stuck, the roads are covering and it's making for horrendous driving conditions. I'd only recommend going out if you have a 4x4. Main place to avoid is Granville Road, cars are skidding and it's really dangerous.

Maybe cleared up some of the dog crap so the kids scraping up snowballs off the pavements aren't flinging it around?

Maybe they could ask those 'on call' to do something productive instead of paying them to listen out for 'the call' that rarely comes.

So you havent got any suggestions of what they could have done. you could have just said.

Also, if dog owners weren't selfish there wouldn't be any on the paths.