Fire outside Premier Inn in town.

The bin outside Primark in town was on fire the other week, full of paper Primark bags, and people's cigarette ends, which is not a good mix. People were just walking by and seemed to be taking absolutely no notice.

I asked the security guard if he was aware that the bin was on fire, and he replied "Yeah, it always is", shrugged, and walked away. Fantastic!

There's usually at least one on Fargate as well...:hihi:

The bin outside Primark in town was on fire the other week, full of paper Primark bags, and people's cigarette ends, which is not a good mix. People were just walking by and seemed to be taking absolutely no notice.

I asked the security guard if he was aware that the bin was on fire, and he replied "Yeah, it always is", shrugged, and walked away. Fantastic!

probably because people dont carry a fire extinguisher with them just incase theres a fire in a bin in the city centre.

probably because people dont carry a fire extinguisher with them just incase theres a fire in a bin in the city centre.

But I do think walking past and not even looking, as if it is absolutely normal, and not even slightly out of the ordinary is a bit strange, and against human nature, but, I obviously missed the fact that it happens all the time, and they're all just used to it.

But I do think walking past and not even looking, as if it is absolutely normal, and not even slightly out of the ordinary is a bit strange, and against human nature, but, I obviously missed the fact that it happens all the time, and they're all just used to it.

thats the people of sheffield for ya :roll:

Looked as if the problem was being seen to when I went past on the 43 at 1715ish.

i'm sure someone from the bankers draft will put it out after they have had a few pints

if a bin is on fire then I would have tried to dowse it. Last time I noticed this I emptied a water bottle into it.

Common decency really.

i'm sure someone from the bankers draft will put it out after they have had a few pints

and your not talkin about with fire extinguishers or bottles of water either are you :hihi:

and you didn't call the fire brigade because?

You'd be better off calling Lenny Henry, he depends on Premier Inn's for his livelihood these days :hihi:

A burning bush, is this an omen. ?

a burning bush sounds like the sort of thing a tube of canestan cream would cure