Has anyone stayed at the Atlantis Palm hotel in Dubai?

I was there at one of the restaurants today. Its amazing. Depending when you come in the year you'll be looking at £200 a night off peak and £400 on peak. I wouldn't recommend you come in August, its nearly 50 degrees and too hot to do anything, even the parachuting place shuts. Ramadan can be a bad time for visitors, but if you're in the resort it's pretty much ignored and everything is 'normal'.

All of the beaches, pools, restaurants and many other facilities are of the quality you'd expect for the price.

I was there at one of the restaurants today. Its amazing. Depending when you come in the year you'll be looking at £200 a night off peak and £400 on peak. I wouldn't recommend you come in August, its nearly 50 degrees and too hot to do anything, even the parachuting place shuts. Ramadan can be a bad time for visitors, but if you're in the resort it's pretty much ignored and everything is 'normal'.

All of the beaches, pools, restaurants and many other facilities are of the quality you'd expect for the price.

My son as gone over to see his partners parents but in July and August his partners mother was over here for that very reason.

you do realise that place was built by slaves?

what kind of person would help the slave trade?

Tonet,

Why such comments, as I said jealousy gets you nowhere.

A

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter

A

That's a good signature!

That's a good signature!

We built an empire based on slavery but dont let that get in the way.

Edited by Grandad.Malky

We built an empire based on slavery but dont let that get in the way.

We... not I, but yes this nation did as did most others. Thankfully we were also at the forefront of emancipation and uphold it even today too!

Mod note: Please stop the bickering. Discuss the topic itself or the thread will be closed.

i've only visisted the waterpark at the Atlantis, but that was amazing! we stayed at a hotel out near the airport, but we also visited one of the Le Meridiens where they do champagne night - about £50 each for all you can eat (seafood/meat/dessert all to highest quality) and all you can drink, bargain!

enjoy dubai, we loved it, so much to see and do!

Tonet,

Why such comments, as I said jealousy gets you nowhere.

A

why? because he wants you to go on a guilt trip instead:)

I'm sure you would wish to be in my place :)

Right off to pick up my Mercedes from garage.....

Right off to pick up my Mercedes from garage.....

You have my sympathy. They do seem to spend a lot of time in the garage, don't they?