Have you ever been on a pub crawl with Sean Bean?

Over the years I must have worked with at least a dozen people who claimed to be ex drinking buddies of Sheffield's own Sean Bean. Is it one of those impossible-to-disprove claims to fame? Or did Sean really go on pub crawls round the city in the 80s and 90s with hundreds of people tagging along?

I'd believe a few who live up Handsworth (where he comes from) but only a select few. 'Farquar' being one of them. I've been in a pub at the same time as him once, if I was really sad and lonely, and a bit mentally disturbed, I could make that into 'being on a pub crawl' with him. He does nothing for me anyway. Alex 'Hurricane' Higgins did once tell me to 'f*** off'

My mum went to school with him! Think he was in the year above. Never went drinking with him though :)

Not a bad one that. Mind you, I once sold John Shires off Calendar a washing machine when I worked for Comet. What did you do to get the lashing of the hurricanes tongue?

He used to drink down in the Harlequin. We often used to see him when we attended forum meets there.

Wouldn't want to.

Exactly. We found him to be very disruptive and rude.

I've heard the stories, probably true, he is a bit of an idiot.

'Bean' out with Sean a few times drinking, he's a sound geezer, good company and quite funny. Seems to fall out with people for the slightest of reasons though.

my mum once spilt lager on his dad's suede shoes, really. lol

I think most people that say they've been out drinking with him happen to be in the same pub as him, there's a difference. Like I say there are a 'select' few. He's no one special anyway. As for the 'Hurricane' I merely asked for his autograph many years ago outside The Crucible. He was, shall we say, tired and emotional at the time.

My son went back to his house to a party in the mid 90's after Sean was in town promoting his film "When Saturday Comes". He says he was a great guy and they all had a good time!