Delays A61 North (15th Dec 2011 @ 08:17)

Longcol

Just had a phone call from my wife on her way to work.

A61 Penistone Road is closed between Bracken Hill and Hallwood Road (Burncross / Chapeltown turnoffs) and traffic being diverted via Bracken Hill & Hallwood Road. Nose to tail - she set off from Walkley about an hour ago.

I cycled past it an hour or so ago. I think there was a lorry involved and there were a couple of fire engines there by the looks.

The traffic was dire ..... not helped by the road works on the hill down to Burncross, nor the little African guy who was sat in his car with the hazard warnings going, right in the middle of the Chapletown crossroads, stopping traffic in all directions. I don't think he'd broken down. It seemed he was lost and was trying to make sense of his sat nav.

I hope there were no serious injuries in the accident but it looked like there might have been. Thoughts and prayers with them .....

The traffic was dire ..... not helped by the road works on the hill down to Burncross, nor the little African guy who was sat in his car with the hazard warnings going, right in the middle of the Chapletown crossroads, stopping traffic in all directions. I don't think he'd broken down. It seemed he was lost and was trying to make sense of his sat nav.

He hadn't broken down.

I went to talk to him to help him move his broken down car out of the way (hazard lights on) only to find him messing with his GPS! :rant::loopy:

I went round him and left back up towards the A61 - he followed. Not sure if he took a punt on me wanting to go same way as him or if he got his GPS working!

He hadn't broken down.

I went to talk to him to help him move his broken down car out of the way (hazard lights on) only to find him messing with his GPS! :rant::loopy:

I went round him and left back up towards the A61 - he followed. Not sure if he took a punt on me wanting to go same way as him or if he got his GPS working!

There was someone talking to him when I cycled past .... was that you???? Didn't recognise you from when you trained at Steel City karate .... unless it was someone else .....

Archived