Electrical advice urgent, landlord in wrong

told us that with a freezer said freezer was at fault.I said ill order one you pay for it if your wrong soon found fault short on cicuit what they had created in first place (bloody idiots)but one of brand new RCD was faulty as well.Gets even better but wont rant on lol.

Hi guys right i plugged the brand new washer into another socket in house and worked (before tripping rcd) for 10 mins then tried a extension into a socket and again worked for a few mins then cut rcd again. So my partner and neighbour took the machine nx door and plugged it in their and worked through a full cycle with no problem so i know its got to be faulty electrics all the machines before were brand new.

Hi guys right i plugged the brand new washer into another socket in house and worked (before tripping rcd) for 10 mins then tried a extension into a socket and again worked for a few mins then cut rcd again. So my partner and neighbour took the machine nx door and plugged it in their and worked through a full cycle with no problem so i know its got to be faulty electrics all the machines before were brand new.

glad you tried it next door and now know its faulty electrics in your house, ie; RCD, get on to council ASAP, ;)

I already have but they aint treating it as emergency cos said i can wash clothes by hand they really pee me off i hate sanctuary housing never repair anything yet always want rent on time they are quick to judge then

unfortunately you might have proved nothing doing that. if your neighbours fuseboard doesnt contain a main rcd or circuit rcd for the socket you tested then it will prove nothing. a rewireable fuse or mcb wont trip on minor earth leakage.

sounds like you may well have a slightly suspect rcd, to be honest you need to get the machine pat tested to see what the earth leakage current actually is and the rcd tested to see what its tripping at.

Hi guys still having trouble with the rcd tripping electrician been out and he says it is the turn dial on the washer that mite have a fault as it seems to cut out wen it goes to change programme any! know any cheap repair people who might be able to help, thanks

Hi guys still having trouble with the rcd tripping electrician been out and he says it is the turn dial on the washer that mite have a fault as it seems to cut out wen it goes to change programme any! know any cheap repair people who might be able to help, thanks

If it's new (I can't work out whether it is or not) go back to the shop you bought it from?

give me a ring free estimate on all repairs

i rang them but cos i lost the receipt wont take my word for it yet i explained it worked in some! elses house when the electrician came and he said their rcd connection mite not be as sensitive as mine thats why it dont trip confusing i know

Already posted you some advice earlier in the thread about what you need to do. get the machine pat tested to see what the earth leakage current is, and if need be get the rcd trip tested to see what it goes off at. plugging it in at other houses or on other circuits is just wasting your time, its your rcd breaker thats tooo sensitive or your machine thats tripping out with excessive load or earth leakage current and you need to prove which, its very easy to do if you get a competent electrician who can pat test and rcd trip test.

You will find some heavy duty compressors do same thing do as ChrisT70 says 99% sure its that.Could be worse but try his advice first.If you want i can give you a number that do,s PAT testing on contract or a one off there run by a charity so may not be too exspensive couldnt say for sure Pm if you require number and have a word with them.

try using an extension lead from another room, if that works ok then it is the kitchen circit struggling with all the appliances , if it still trips then it could be a faulty RCD, good luck

You're assuming the kitchen is on a separate circuit to the rest of the downstairs rooms. The cooker will be separate but not necessarily the other kitchen sockets. Better testing with an extension lead from an upstairs socket.