'Racist' on the London tram

Mmmm! I think her initial response was correct in asking her to tame her language. Perhaps she should have left it there. To her credit she didn't resort to abusive language.

Indeed and I think in a perverse way, it is actually a clip which shows how tolerant a society we are - that someone can sit there and espouse so much obscenity which others clearly find deeply offensive, yet the other passangers show commendable restraint.

How should a woman act? All demure and keeping stum like? Only speak when she's spoken to, that kind of thing?

Stop playing the prat and understand my post in the context it is made, It's not very lady like behavier is it?

The women to only speak when spoken to bit tells me alot, I know what the insinuation is and it only strenghens my veiw that bigotry is on the rise, some of it hidden and some of it like this womens rant.

Stop playing the prat and understand my post in the context it is made, It's not very lady like behavier is it?

The women to only speak when spoken to bit tells me alot, I know what the insinuation is and it only strenghens my veiw that bigotry is on the rise, some of it hidden and some of it like this womens rant.

Lady like or not, a woman has as much right to air her views as a man (obviously with the caveat that she would have to deal with the consequences of those views). Neither sex should have to be intimdated with threats of violence.

As for your other point - well, I'm not sure what your point is actually. What does it tell you?

Where?

I told you - in a post you made earlier. I'm not playing the "dig up my own post for the other user who didn't see it and wants it now" game by the way. It's there unless it was moderated, which I doubt.

All I've seen is some fanciful nonsense that what she actually meant was chav, racist, drunk etc.

I've seen fanciful nonsense from you, that she meant all white people.

Lady like or not, a woman has as much right to air her views as a man (obviously with the caveat that she would have to deal with the consequences of those views). Neither sex should have to be intimdated with threats of violence.

As for your other point - well, I'm not sure what your point is actually. What does it tell you?

Not if the views are racist, it is against the law.

I told you - in a post you made earlier. I'm not playing the "dig up my own post for the other user who didn't see it and wants it now" game by the way. It's there unless it was moderated, which I doubt.

I've seen fanciful nonsense from you, that she meant all white people.

So only you know what the woman meant then? Know her personally do you? Or could it be that you are doing exactly what you accuse me of? Making an assumption to suit your argument?

Not if the views are racist, it is against the law.

Hence -

And as far as I know beating up a person, even one who's views you disagree with, is also against the law.

So what did you mean by your second point?