Cineworld and IMAX megathread

Glad you enjoyed the experience Tess.

I have watched both John Carter 3D IMAX and also Hunger Games on IMAX (which was 2D for those that didn't know/see it) and loved both experiences....and watching a film on a standard screen the day after Hunger Games felt strange.

I am really looking forward to Dark knight rises, The Hobbit and The Amazing Spider-man this year now and after seeing the trailer I think MIB3 will be pretty spectacular in IMAX too

Hope Sheffield has better luck with Imax than we did in Bournemouth....It's stood empty for ages, just blocking the views of the sea as you drive into town....:( what a waste......

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/9206208.What_does_the_future_hold_for_the_Imax_building_/

The Bournemouth IMAX ... its due to be demolished towards the end of the summer!

nice 1. i will be goin the day it opens

The day what opens? If you mean IMAX it's open already - or did you mean a particular film?

The Bournemouth IMAX ... its due to be demolished towards the end of the summer!

Yessssssss :thumbsup:

Yessssssss :thumbsup:

I walked past it the other day and thought it was about time they did something about it! Whoever granted planning permission for it that position in the first place wants sacking! Get rid of the iMax and the flyover and return the seafront back to what it should be!

For me it is Dark Knight, Prometheus, Hobbit, and Bond for my 'must see' IMAX experiences.

Saying that, the Men in Black and Spider-Man trailers looked great on IMAX, so am looking forward to them too.

I was looking forward to the Hobbit but it was a 3d trailer, hope they don;t do it just in 3d, I hate 3d.

Been to see Titanic in 3d at the IMAX in Sheffield tonight - absolutely brilliant, feel a bit sea-sick now!

Wrath of the Titans yesterday - good film - not bad on IMAX but seen Titanic today and was blown away by the sheer immensity of it. Forgot how brilliant it was :) One to definitely see on IMAX

From Friday 20th April to Wednesday 24th April, we are offering you a chance to experience the scale, the thrill, and the spectacle of IMAX in special trailer reel presentations….

…..absolutely FREE!

The demo reel will be around 10 to 15 minutes in length, and will showcase some of the upcoming features we will be showing in IMAX, to give you a taste of the experience.

The showings will be at 10.45am and 7.15pm each day from Friday through to Wednesday.

If you want to pop into any of them, just let the team know on the day.

I am planning on seeing the Avengers movie this weekend on the IMAX screen. From what I can gather on the website the price is Adult £7.74 plus an additional £4.05 for the IMAX screen (price includes 3D films and use of 3D glasses) so £11.79- is this right? I thought it would be a lot more than that...

I think it was more like £13 when we saw a film on IMAX a couple of weeks ago.