What Primary School Did you go to?

Aston Lodge, where my teachers were (in order) : Miss Harper, Miss Scott, Miss Acomb, Mr Matthews, Mrs Storey, Mrs Bennett and Mrs Bond.

Either I have a great memory or I'm very sad but i remember all of them vividly.

Favourite there was Mr Matthews - i was his probationary year and he was so enthusiastic - enthused about my love for reading and allowed me and my friend to incessantly talk in class( I was one of those people who could still work, encouraged us to debate whether action man was a doll or an action figure. He also got me into gymnastics, swimming, (he helped greatly towards the school pool being built) trampolining, tennis, netball and rounders all of which enthusiasm was later knocked out of me by Miss Nicklin at Aston Comp. Except for the swimming because I had a different teacher.

My mother wasn't married at the time and I used to imagine him being my dad as I thought he was fantastic! Aw!

When I'm at work now, I try and be like him and my favourite teacher from high school, Mr JackTodhunter. But that's a different thread...

I went to St Stephens C of E in Netherthorpe, not a very big school so classes were made up of two years, Mrs Briggs teacher of J1 and J2, Mr Grayson teacher of J3 and J4, Mr Fessey was the headmaster and they were all good teachers in their own way!

Carfield School. Mrs Hart, Mrs Dean, Miss Afleck, Mr Beatson & Mr Atkin were teachers there at my time (can you remember the fred and pelly stories?)

I went to Longley Primary school erm i left in..... 2000 i think possibly 1999 but still Mr Edison was a cool teacher :D had a awsome trip to thornbridge.

I went to 2 primary schools, Norton County that then became Mundella at Norton Lees (Miss Barker was nice), then in Junior 2 I moved all the way to the other side of Sheffield and attended Oughtibridge Junior school ( Mr Churchill was brill). It didn't stop there, I went to 3 comprehensives, just call me a gyppo!

I also went to Rainbow Forge along with a few others on here :) obviously not at the same time, although must have been in the school the same time as Kirsty, just left 2 years before her...

It was the old building when I left, I think they moved it a year or two after I left?

I liked most of the teachers, there were all really nice, except Mrs Bell, or whatever her name was, evil religiousy teacher... Mrs Ford, Mrs Alison, Mrs Scott, Mr Albaya... the head Mrs Smith... lots of really great teachers :D

Originally posted by xafier

I also went to Rainbow Forge along with a few others on here :) obviously not at the same time, although must have been in the school the same time as Kirsty, just left 2 years before her...

It was the old building when I left, I think they moved it a year or two after I left?

I liked most of the teachers, there were all really nice, except Mrs Bell, or whatever her name was, evil religiousy teacher... Mrs Ford, Mrs Alison, Mrs Scott, Mr Albaya... the head Mrs Smith... lots of really great teachers :D

Mrs Ford and her pet stick insects lol.

Mrs Alison... cant remember her.

Mrs Bell... is that her that used to bang the spoon on the table if we were being really noisy in the canteen?

Mrs Scott... Tall lady with a manly figure.

Mrs Smith... was she the headteacher before Mr Poole?

Originally posted by Kirsty_87

Mrs Ford and her pet stick insects lol.

Mrs Alison... cant remember her.

Mrs Bell... is that her that used to bang the spoon on the table if we were being really noisy in the canteen?

Mrs Scott... Tall lady with a manly figure.

Mrs Smith... was she the headteacher before Mr Poole?

Mrs Ford rode horses too, did the trips to thornbridge...

Mrs Bell... dunno if she banged spoons lol just remember her being evil...

Mrs Smith was the head before Mr Poole, infact dont think he started till after I left... she got MS and had to leave :(

Originally posted by xafier

Mrs Ford rode horses too, did the trips to thornbridge...

Mrs Bell... dunno if she banged spoons lol just remember her being evil...

Mrs Smith was the head before Mr Poole, infact dont think he started till after I left... she got MS and had to leave :(

Yeah i remember Mrs Ford riding horses. I think she taught me at English... we used to swop teachers for different subjects in Y6.

Mrs Bell... If its the one im thinking of she wore dodgy clothes and used to throw chalk and black bored rubber things around.

Originally posted by tjbot2002

I went to Longley Primary school erm i left in..... 2000 i think possibly 1999 but still Mr Edison was a cool teacher :D had a awsome trip to thornbridge.

And he's still there doing sterling service, as only he can.:thumbsup:

He is indeed - funny bloke - saw him the other morning coming to school on his push bike - I bet he was freezing his cobblers off :) Acting Deputy Head too at the moment.

I offered him money to lose my bin lid at Thornbridge but he declined :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Johnh

Bradway County School .. its a long time ago, can't remember any of the teachers?

johnh can you remember any of the harrod family?