Can you recommend me a gp surgery?

Hi people.

I wondered if anyone can recommend me a new GP Surgery. At the moment I'm at High Green Surgery on Thompson Hill and to be honest they are shocking.

1, you have to wait a week to see someone.

2, the receptionists are stuck up and when you ask for a prescription you sometimes hear them huffing & puffing.

3. They removed my sister from their records because she moved to parson cross. Even though she waiting for extremly important results.

4, they always mess my perscriptions up.

5, the doctors just seam to want to put you on painkillers.

6, my mum once heard the receptionists talking about my notes and not quietly.

So can anyone recommend me a mew gp surgery and how easy is it to transfer.

Edited by TheBlueDragon

I'm at the high green one, and i can see your point - especially about the receptionists! Theres some lovely ones there.....but the others....less said the better! I'm also getting fed up of never seeing the same doc twice.

I know people at cape horn, and thats supposed to be better? I'm just worried how small it is?

Blue Dragon, you can go to any surgery you wish, provided its catchment area covers where you live.

You don't have to give your "old" GP notice, or any reason why you are leaving, you just apply at the new GP surgery, fill in an application form, and you'll hopefully be accepted on the new GP's list.

Mill road surgery, Mill Road, Ecclesfield. Tel:0845 1241123. They are an outstanding group of doctors. The staff are so helpful and kind, and will bend over backwards to help you. You would be hard pushed to find better in this area. I was unwell last week, phoned at 8.30 in the morning and was in the doctors surgery by 10.10am!! To register, i think you need to go and pick up a registration form.

Edited by Pianobiz

Both PlainTalker and BHRemovals are right - you can transfer easily enough, although it can take a few weeks for records etc to come over.

Also, it can be hard to get in at most GPs if you need to see someone quickly, although mine (Jordanthorpe) seems OK for appointments within a reasonable time as long as you're not needing to see a certain doc.

HTH:)

near ecclesall library is a good one

It's a rotten-long way to travel to, though, from High Green...

If you are more than a certain distance from the GP's surgery, I believe they can refuse to give you out-of-hours cover, if it's considered too far for the doctor to travel. (Unless it's a rural practice,)