Rustlings Rd. Public thoroughfare or residents' car park?

snout

is it just me or have people noticed that more and more cars are parked on both sides of Rustlings Rd these days making it a nightmare to navigate. Do residents have the right to park outside their homes like this or should they not realise it is a main road and not their personal car park? In my opinion there should be double yellow lines all the way down the road on the side of the park. I'm sure this problem happens all over the city. What does anybody think?

is it just me or have people noticed that more and more cars are parked on both sides of Rustlings Rd these days making it a nightmare to navigate. Do residents have the right to park outside their homes like this or should they not realise it is a main road and not their personal car park? In my opinion there should be double yellow lines all the way down the road on the side of the park. I'm sure this problem happens all over the city. What does anybody think?

I think you are spot on;no-one should be allowed to park outside the houses on any roads which have a moderate traffic flow.It is really selfish to impede the other drivers who wish to travel as fast as possible.They shoul d also ban buses and other vehicles which get in the way of the cars.:hihi::hihi:

I think you are spot on;no-one should be allowed to park outside the houses on any roads which have a moderate traffic flow.It is really selfish to impede the other drivers who wish to travel as fast as possible.They shoul d also ban buses and other vehicles which get in the way of the cars.:hihi::hihi:

You are so right. Furthermore, if people were banned from parking outside their house then less people would be able to own cars thus reducing traffic and improving traffic flow. It would be a win-win situation. At least for those of us with drives.

:hihi:

The OP, i think, is suggesting that there be double yellows on the side of park - clearly where no one lives, but still allow people to park outisde of their houses.

Good idea in theory, but unless there is more car parking avaialable for visitors, this would stop visitors from afar being able to enjoy the park.

Edited by Tripitaka