Creswick Street, Walkley

Hi there, I wonder if anyone can help me, I am tracing my family tree and my paternal grandmother used to live on creswick street at walkley.I remember there was a pub at the top of the street, does anyone know the name of it? many thanks

Hi there, Yes she lived at 149 Creswick Street from at least 1911 because they are on the census at that address. She lived there until 1966 when she died. She was my grandma on my fathers side and she was called Emily Dronfield

Hi there, Yes she lived at 149 Creswick Street from at least 1911 because they are on the census at that address. She lived there until 1966 when she died. She was my grandma on my fathers side and she was called Emily Dronfield

Hi Mabel lily, My Dad was brought up in Whitehouse Lane, at the bottom (the bit they knocked down). I think my Gran lived at no 1 Court 7 or No: 7 Court one. Can't remember as I was only young when they were rehoused. Gran lived in one corner of the yard and my aunty in the other. My Uncle lived in the yard above my Gran and my cousin lived in the yard below her. Dad was the youngest of five so they were all a lot older. I remember going to the sweet shop up the hill which I think was a converted house. I bet she knew my gran who died in 1969 aged 91

I did a study on the Dronfield family in Sheffield for a lady in Scotland a few years back, do you have any other names ie her parents and I see if there is any connection.:)