Is anyone looking to rehome a dog?

Hi, me and my children are want to give a loving home to a dog. If anyone has one they are looking to rehome then pleasget in touch. All i ask is that the dog is good with children and you know the background about the dog, honest people only! It would be a bonus if the dog had already had there vaccinations and been neutered/spayed and housetrained. I don't have much money to actually buy the dog but you can be assured the dog will be coming to a loving home and will have everything it needs and i will get definitely get the dog neutered/spayed if not already done so. Please get in touch if you have a dog that you think might be suitable :)

If you look through the threads in this group plenty of people are looking to rehome their dogs, also Rain Rescue have a really nice Jack Russel who came in yesterday, I would have her but my cats would not be happy. :)

Try http://www.rainrescue.co.uk/Rain_Rescue/Welcome.html

Any you see/like? They vaccinate/spay/neuter dogs prior to homing (as long as medically safe to do so) and usually have a good idea on dogs nature with children.

Go to rescues, especially those that foster out dogs - you can never trust what someone trying to just 'get rid' will say!

:)

I have just looked on the rainrescue website and have totally fell in love iwth Beryl, she is gorgeous!!!

Thanks

Beryl has just gone to a PERFECT home tonight - just had a phone call - she's asleep on the sofa bless her

Op is looking to rehome a dog from a home, so may not want to make any monetary donation whereas we in rescue usually ask for a donation - so maybe see if someone offers you one on the forum if you can't pay.

There are always dogs out there needing homes - but its the reassurance of knowing they are ok with children. How old are your children.

We also always ask - how active are you - thats the 2nd most important criteria. You have to find a dog that matches the amount of walking you are prepared to commit every day.

Try http://www.rainrescue.co.uk/Rain_Rescue/Welcome.html

Any you see/like? They vaccinate/spay/neuter dogs prior to homing (as long as medically safe to do so) and usually have a good idea on dogs nature with children.

Go to rescues, especially those that foster out dogs - you can never trust what someone trying to just 'get rid' will say!

:)

I think I would trust someone who wants to get rid as much as a few of the rescues I know ;) In the end the same dogs end up in rescue if no one takes them direct from the owner.

Go to a rescue that is open about their policy on known/ reported aggressive dogs in their care (and preferably has a pts policy on these dogs) You want to look for lots of happy adopters /fosterers. Some rescues will rehome dogs that have been reported as aggressive in a past life if they show no signs of aggression in their care as they have been assessed as safe.

Most rescues dogs have an unknown past but most are perfectly great dogs and I agree one that has been in foster is a good place to start :)

Edited by Evei
missed 'a' out

Thanks again for the advice. If anyone on here does have a dog that they want to rehome then please private message me with information. Any more advice is welcome!

There are plenty on gumtree for free or a small amount of cash.

Hi, i still haven't had any luck in finding a dog so if anyone can help please get in touch, thanks.

Thanks moonbird. I've sent them a msg so fingers crossed they get back to me! :)