Gleadless Road Accident - 22/09/2011

Gleadless rd closed due to major road accident police ,ambulance & fire crews all over the road ..

Hope the people involved are not in a bad way and are ok .....:(

which part of gleadless road please

from coop lights pass the blackstock pub towards the nursing home on the left hand side

Still closed with a handful of Police there and one of cars involved still on road. At least 2 people cut out of the car that ended up on the grass/in the trees.

Edited by Shazbat

Myrtle road is also closed due to a house fire, 5 fire engines and several police cars. Road currently taped off from farm area up to cross myrtle rd

Road now open .... The lorrys just past my home there was 2 cars involved and what a mess they looked

It looked like one car was speeding on the wrong side of the road and hit another slow moving car on the right side of the road. I live just in front of where it happened but i was out til half past nine and my neighbour saw most of it. After all the crowd had gone they brought a stretcher from the ambulance just past Buck Wood View and the brought it to the side of the police car parked outside Paddock Hill. Around 6 policemen walked the stretcher back to the ambulance making sure it was hidden from view. The ambulance drove off very slowly after about 10 minutes. Even though we stood and watched them doing this i am hoping the people involved are all ok. Someone had bad news last night and my heart goes out to them. :(

Hello everyone my boyfriend was in the crash last night,

he was the driver of the slow moveing car he got hit head on by the other driver my boyfriend is ok ish but am more worried about the 2 people in the other car i hope to god thay both ok but we have tryed to ring the hospitle up but thay will not tell us anything at all.

I really hope and pray to god that the couble in the car who hit my boyfriend are fine and will recover very very soon:-(

Oh dear , sounds really bad. Really hope all involved are ok this morning. i knew something major was happening when i was driving home last night at about 9. Loads of police vans and cars with lights going passed me all the way from Penistone Rd to Blackstock Rd where I turned off.

Hello everyone my boyfriend was in the crash last night,

he was the driver of the slow moveing car he got hit head on by the other driver my boyfriend is ok ish but am more worried about the 2 people in the other car i hope to god thay both ok but we have tryed to ring the hospitle up but thay will not tell us anything at all.

I really hope and pray to god that the couble in the car who hit my boyfriend are fine and will recover very very soon:-(

Glad your boyfriend is ok :)