Benefits if dismissed?

Job seekers allowance if you have no children, Income support and tax credits if you do. If you're sacked, dismissed, laid off, you can claim them, but not if you quit your job x

thanks, cant find on there if i would be entitled to housing benefit though if anyone knows......

Not if you own your own house. (There is something called SMI, that can help you pay your mortgage interest [protect the bank]).

Are you a tenant? If so, who is your landlord?

Do you have any savings?

Does anyone know what benefits you are entitled to if dismissed?

Why, are you thinking of chinning your boss? :hihi:

Im living in Private rented accomodation. Im sure that I am being managed out of the business as I am a manager and know the procedure.

Are you under 25/35?

The maximum weekly Local Housing Allowance (LHA) rates for Sheffield for September 2011 are below. The calendar monthly figure is shown in brackets.

................................. - week (month)

Shared accommodation - £60.00 (£260.00)

1 Bedroom accommodation - £91.15 (£394.98 )

2 Bedroom accommodation - £103.85 (£450.02)

3 Bedroom accommodation - £114.23 (£495.00)

4 Bedroom accommodation - £150.00 (£650.00)

If your under 25 you'll only gt the shared accommodation rent, and if under 35, as of January 1st, the shared accommodation rate.

Otherwise, 1 bed rate, unless you have children. If you have children, the shared rate will not apply based upon your age.

I was made redundant in 2010, because my wife worked, all I got was 6 months jobseekers, and that was it, If you get sacked only expect the very bare minmum....

Job seekers allowance if you have no children, Income support and tax credits if you do. If you're sacked, dismissed, laid off, you can claim them, but not if you quit your job x

This is wrong and I don't know where L-L got the info from. Claim JSA if you're looking for work. You'll get 6 months before it becomes means-tested i.e. dependent on any savings you may have. You can claim by phone or online. Then claim Housing Benefit and Council Tax Benefit through Howden House but these are means-tested too from day one.

If you have young children and can't work then IS may be an option but if you've been working then that's not likely. All benefits are different for everyone as they depend on whether you're part of a couple, have savings, have children, own or rent, etc, etc. It's impossible to generalise.

Some people can claim JSA if they quit their job but only in some circumstances. If you have kids then you'll be getting CB and may be getting Child Tax Credit. You'll lose Working Tax Credit unless you have a working partner but that depends on the number of hours they work. You can keep CTC with JSA.

Get the ball rolling by claiming JSA, HB and CTB. Also contact any agencies you may already claim through (CB/WTC/CTC) to notify them of changes of circumstances. You can also contact a local advice service for a full benefits check.

Edited by LeMaquis

This is wrong and I don't know where L-L got the info from. Claim JSA if you're looking for work. You'll get 6 months before it becomes means-tested i.e. dependent on any savings you may have. You can claim by phone or online. Then claim Housing Benefit and Council Tax Benefit through Howden House but these are means-tested too from day one.

If you have young children and can't work then IS may be an option but if you've been working then that's not likely. All benefits are different for everyone as they depend on whether you're part of a couple, have savings, have children, own or rent, etc, etc. It's impossible to generalise.

Some people can claim JSA if they quit their job but only in some circumstances. If you have kids then you'll be getting CB and may be getting Child Tax Credit. You'll lose Working Tax Credit unless you have a working partner but that depends on the number of hours they work. You can keep CTC with JSA.

Get the ball rolling by claiming JSA, HB and CTB. Also contact any agencies you may already claim through (CB/WTC/CTC) to notify them of changes of circumstances. You can also contact a local advice service for a full benefits check.

I got the info, having done it myself a few times.

Without children, onto the JSA (wasn't for long)

With children, even though I actually left my job, I got IS, and child tax credits, CHB and housing benefit, again not for long, but thats what happened.

I got working tax credits whilst working, and child tax credits when not.

If you have children, under 7, I think it is now, you can claim IS, and if the youngest is over 7, then you have to go for JSA.

Whether this is absolutely correct, I'm not sure. I've always been told to claim IS with children, you can still look for work when you're claiming it, but aren't forced into doing so like you are with JSA.