Toy poodles attacked in wombwell woods.

So sorry for you loss, I hope your other dog recovers :(

These idiots give lurcher owners a bad name, I hope they get caught, their dogs should be on lead and muzzled unless working in controlled circumstances :mad:

If you persist in bring matters from another thread into this one you are likely to find your account suspended.

I wasnt asking you. I asked Tony Ericson.

My opinion is above.

I'm sorry, that wasn't aimed at you, it was for Tony Ericson.

I don't know how I mixed that up

Apologies again

I'm sorry, that wasn't aimed at you, it was for Tony Ericson.

I don't know how I mixed that up

Apologies again

Dont apologise mate.

It can get confusing on here at times.

Best of British with finding these irrisponsable dog owners.

The police should really be activly seeking them out. Your dog could sadly be the 1st of many if something isnt done soon.

RIP to the little fella :(

I am posting this thread in hope that someone will know who owns the dogs that savagely attacked and killed one of my toy poodles.

This happened today, (Sat 17th sept) in wombwell woods at around 2:30pm.

There were three young men (late 20s) walking, or probably hunting rabbits in the woods near wombwell lane with a pack of around 6-8 dogs, these included a large tan greyhound that must have some rib injuries from where I kicked repeatedly trying, in vain for it to let go of little Max who subsequently died three hours later.

I cannot give a good description of the men but will recognise them when I next see them. The best I can say is that they are all slim to medium build, around 5-10", and quite scruffy looking, two are cowards as they didnt help but all three ran off.

To say I am heartbroken is an understatement as is my wife.

Please will anyone knowing them, or if one of them is reading this, get in touch so that steps can be taken as for this not to happen again

Thanks.

Im so sorry to hear this . We walk our two dogs in Wombwell woods ,but didnt take them there this weekend( luckily for us). We have never seen this group of men rabbiting ,but i will keep my eyes open when we are down there ,and will report them to the police if we see them .

Again, im so sorry for your loss.

Jaybow i live in Wombwell i'm making enquiries. Tony you are a complete joke, please don't post on this thread.

Many many thanks. Any enquiries are welcome.

I'm overwhelmed at the kind words that have been posted.

Zak is doing fine, his injuries were not as bad as first suspected.

Thanks again

RIP Max, this is disgusting!

Maybe, if you haven't already, try posting making enquiries in the Pet section... There are a lot of dog owners and walkers on there who may just have seen these people.

Hope you're doing ok x

RIP Max, this is disgusting!

Maybe, if you haven't already, try posting making enquiries in the Pet section... There are a lot of dog owners and walkers on there who may just have seen these people.

Hope you're doing ok x

Thanks, I haven't posted many threads on here, mainly just read them.

The phone has just rang and a policeman is on his way to see me.

Dont apologise mate.

It can get confusing on here at times.

Best of British with finding these irrisponsable dog owners.

The police should really be activly seeking them out. Your dog could sadly be the 1st of many if something isnt done soon.

RIP to the little fella :(

Thank you, I'm going to contact the media tomorrow and try to get these scum bags banned from owning dogs.

I dread to think if any young children had been around at the time.

Yes get it in the chronicle. I had a very lucky escape last year, was walking my 9mth old pup down near Broomhill flash. I'd got her off the lead when i spotted a woman with 2 white Bull Mastiffs. I shouts over to the woman asking if they are ok with dogs. She shouts back that one of them is'nt, the pair of them are now sniffing round me. My pup comes dashing out of some trees to be confronted by the 2 of them. They chased her in and out of the trees while i'm pleading with the woman to get them back. However she managed to swerve the pair of them i'll never know. I ended up running to a bit of a clearing shouted for our Lola and we both legged it. I reported it to police they told me they'd keep an eye out for her, but i've never heard anything.

I might be able to help you with this Jaydbo. Would you ring me or text me to get back to you on 07792605804. Thanks

I might be able to help you with this Jaydbo. Would you ring me or text me to get back to you on 07792605804. Thanks

Thanks alys, I will call you later this morning

Thanks again.