Cannon hall pub firvale

scallyann

some more names come to mind

pete gilson,ken cunningham.alan treadwell,mick callery

Rabitter, do you know what came of wack? (david) ive been trying to find other posts about him but nothing?????

scallyann

no idea what happened to wack know robbo and cooky were still around

think wack must have moved away from sheff

The Cannon Hall has a lot to answer for. I met my wife there in the sixties. Still it can't have been all that bad. We're still together after 41years.

Me too, it was a great pub in those days, had a bit of a reputation, but I never saw any problems, they spoiled it when they made it into a disco, but that didn't last long.

What did they call the old bloke that collected glasses around 1962 Linda ?

me & my husband used to work behind the bar Linda & Terry Jessop, you might know my husband as Fagin, his nickname :)

Hi minniej

Ask Jerry Tessop if he remembers the Karate classes with Mr Moffat held at the Cannon Hall in the 70s he will know who I am with what I call him I also think you will remember me I worked with Terry for quite a few years on the council :hihi: .

My husband Peter & myself kept the Cannon Hall & it was one if the best pubs that we kept, we were there in '73 ish for about 8 years.

We left to take a pub in Rotherham.

I remember the Karate Club as Pete started it with Alan Mac & we had many happy Sunday mornings in the old concert room before we changed it into a lounge.

Those were the days !!!

Barbara,

My husband Peter & myself kept the Cannon Hall & it was one if the best pubs that we kept, we were there in '73 ish for about 8 years.

We left to take a pub in Rotherham.

I remember the Karate Club as Pete started it with Alan Mac & we had many happy Sunday mornings in the old concert room before we changed it into a lounge.

Those were the days !!!

Barbara,

They certainley were Barbara, the best, this is Linda Jessop, hope you & pete are both well, will give you a ring, sorry not been in touch for a while xx

Hi minniej

Ask Jerry Tessop if he remembers the Karate classes with Mr Moffat held at the Cannon Hall in the 70s he will know who I am with what I call him I also think you will remember me I worked with Terry for quite a few years on the council :hihi: .

Yes I know you Jack, remember you very well, will get Terry on to you when he comes in, you can guess where he is ha ha

They certainley were Barbara, the best, this is Linda Jessop, hope you & pete are both well, will give you a ring, sorry not been in touch for a while xx

Hi Lin, yes we are very well thankyou, do you remember all the fundraising the pub did for charity ?

All the sponsered jog's & three leg races round the other pubs in the area & the netball match in the car park !! we raised quite a bit of money for various charities.

Also when we had the concert room altered into a lounge , all the elderly ladies who sat together & Pete chrisened it " Virgins Corner " !!

We had a lorra lorra laughs, to quote Cilla !!! :D

Barbara

Hi Lin, yes we are very well thankyou, do you remember all the fundraising the pub did for charity ?

All the sponsered jog's & three leg races round the other pubs in the area & the netball match in the car park !! we raised quite a bit of money for various charities.

Also when we had the concert room altered into a lounge , all the elderly ladies who sat together & Pete chrisened it " Virgins Corner " !!

We had a lorra lorra laughs, to quote Cilla !!! :D

Barbara

Yes Barbara I remember everything, we had some great times, The Cannon was my second home, glad you 2 are well,,,,we were talking about the ladies last week, Pete Dibbles grandma was one of them, we see Pete & Diane often, be in touch soon xxxxx

My parents, Derrick and Audrey Holmes, used to run the pub in the early sixties. I was (nearly) born there in October 1963 and we moved away not long afterwards. He used to tell me the story of how he had the Beatles booked to play there but they got too big and cancelled...

We took over the pub from Jeff & Margaret Harrison in '73ish , I don't know if they took over from your parents but Jeff had been there for quite a few years , perhaps someone else may know.