Buying on the internet, you`ll miss shops when they`ve gone..

Biggest load of drivel I have EVER read on here

[...] It's either learn to compete, or get lost.

It isn't nonsense. That is a little extreme. Maybe you could call the idea a romantic notion of the "small business" (or "small bookshop" in this context), but it does stand. Putting all business at the cutting edge of capitalist drive is all fine and well, until all these wonderful little businesses get eaten up because they are run by people who love what they sell, and not a love of business.

I like to buy from small book shops, Rare & Racy being a good example, because if I don't then they will shut.

When Waterstones goes under

Why such a prediction? They're still a profit making company. They've just been bought by a Russian business man.

When Waterstones goes under, that'll be it for books on the high street. Sure, you'll have a few options but it'll be a huge blow!

Blacksmiths had to think long and hard about diversification following the invention of the internal combustion engine, carbon paper manufacturers were not over the moon when photo copying machines appeared.

I buy loads of stuff on Amazon, other than for clothing as it always appeared to be the wrong size. John Lewis are unbelievable, they never have certain stuff in stock, and expect you to go down to Meadowhall to collect it.

The demise of the high street book shop is inevitable, what about the poor old milkman, not many of them around these days.

The demise of the high street book shop is inevitable, what about the poor old milkman, not many of them around these days.

I get my milk from a milkman and my meat from a butcher. I think we need to support our high street...

/sigh, I really shouldn't bother as the last time I tried this I got slagged off to hell and back.

Really depends on what shop, supermarket and the likes yes we need them, but why would i need a TV shop that stocks limited range at crazy prices (running cost of a shop is a lot higher) when i can see the whole range of TV and read reviews before getting one delivered to my house a lot cheaper

Really depends on what shop, supermarket and the likes yes we need them, but why would i need a TV shop that stocks limited range at crazy prices (running cost of a shop is a lot higher) when i can see the whole range of TV and read reviews before getting one delivered to my house a lot cheaper

Our toaster gave up the ghost this morning, I picked up a Breville reduced from £39.99 to £14.98 at Tesco, a woman had a 19", flat screen, Freeview TV in her trolley marked up at £100.00.

I rest my case.

Our toaster gave up the ghost this morning, I picked up a Breville reduced from £39.99 to £14.98 at Tesco, a woman had a 19", flat screen, Freeview TV in her trolley marked up at £100.00.

I rest my case.

You could have had a Kenwood one for £12.99 http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4236052/Trail/searchtext%3EKENWOOD%20TOASTER.htm?storeId=10001&referredURL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.argos.co.uk%2Fstatic%2FProduct%2FpartNumber%2F4236052%2FTrail%2Fsearchtext%3EKENWOOD+TOASTER.htm&jspStoreDir=argos&_%24ja=tsid%3A11674|prd%3A1546795&referrer=COJUN&cmpid=COJUN

4 slice one for £21

http://www.dealtastic.co.uk/4-slice-toaster.html?awc=2641_1315228861_6d438b8f8a1f8a3823c5fc53d190c085

Or she could spent 2 minute searching the net and get a lastest LED tv for £99.98 http://www.dabs.com/products/aoc-addara-series-le19k097-19--hd-ready-led-tv-7JL2.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=product+search&utm_content=Q200

instead of tesco own brand lcd crap

i rest my case good bye local shop will not be missed