Who do i complain to about my neighbour?

If you live in a council house ring 101, and they will send you a book that you can log all the times and can issue him with a warning if he is being unreasonable in the amount of noise. Just because he lives in a private house doesn't mean he can do as he likes. I agree with earlier post, if he's working from home it's illegal

I be very interested if you could find the exact law showing working from home is illegal. We could fine/jail web designers, accountants, tradesmen who use it as a registered address, finicial advisors.........

Good luck.

To the op, I'd ask him again nicely, maybe find out what he's doing. Its might be possible to get environmental health from the council in whether it's private or not.

they can drill screw or bang whatever they like as long as it is not late at night or early morning, you will be wasting your time

I like you mate. I've been having a problem with my neighbour. DIY is my hobby. This summer I decided to extend my shed and he is not happy about it. He says I make too much noise. I think am a very reasonable bloke. l have a day Job so I only do this when am off on saturday. When am working outside my house on a weekend I don't start working untill about 11am and I stop by at least 5. If I continue beyond 5 it will be low noise work and cleaning up. This thread has helped me. I was beginning to feel Guilty about expressing myself in my own house. Thanks for this Dimbat. can you be my neighbour, I could regularly help you do your Garden and fix other stuff around your house for free for life:D

House walls are too thin and people live too close together. There is nothing you can do. For the past year my next door neighbour has been doing his house up. We both work full time so every time I get to spend an hour or two at home I hear drills, sanders, hammers etc it is driving me nuts:rant:

Now they have dropped their sprog we will get the joy of screaming, and them parking their car on our driveway so that they can get their ridiculous pram in and out of the car:rant:

Luckily we are being kicked out of our rental house:wave:

We will see what our new neighbours have in store for us very soon! Please please let it be a nice retired couple!!

.... that aren't deaf so we don't have to hear corrie blasting out. I am saving up for a detached house with no neighbours:love:

Contact the Police mate. They prolly won't do anything but still contact them.

The police would be put to better use if they did their job and catch real criminals, they are not there to settle petty disputes over a bit of noise,although some people do phone them out for anything it seems