Lynwood Annexe, former King Edward VII School buildings..

Back in the late 70's King Edward VII Upper School near Broomhill used a couple of old Victorian houses located off Clarkehouse Rd....been tryin to remember which houses they were, if they still exist.

I am talking 1977/8/9 and the Art Block was located off Clarkehouse Rd, at the bottom of a large green garden, with the Music Block in a 2nd old house nearby. I seem to recall the building nearest the main road (Clarkehouse) was Art, and MUsic being further down......does ayone know or remember what buildings these were, as I think its round about where Sir francis Newton Wetherspoons pub is now, but that was not part of the 'Annexe' used by the school...

the 2nd house was near a side road where in 1977 loads of terraces houses were being demolished, but the School annexe, a grand old Victorian house, was not up for demolition. So where is it? Any clues?

yes it is the Wetherspoons pub francis Newton now, except its had a few bits added to it...the other one was MELBOURNE annexe yes...

the art block was near Lynwood (francis newton) and was a rather decrepid building that was long and narrow....I suspect it was demolished, but am about to wander down to Lynwood gardens area and have a look around...

The bit that was used for art was, as I said, a long and narrow building, in severe need of repair in 1980 when I last was there, probably a converted stable block or something for the original house Lynwood. It was on 2 levels with a very rickety staircase in the middle! Surely that will have gone now, but as I said, off for a trot down there to have a look...its been a LONG time!!!!

the 2nd house was near a side road where in 1977 loads of terraces houses were being demolished, but the School annexe, a grand old Victorian house, was not up for demolition. So where is it? Any clues?

I suspect that was the property at the end of Antrim Avenue, off Park Lane.

http://sheffield.streetmapof.co.uk/antrim-avenue/

Ps: In fact it isn't Antrim Avenue, it's the next side road down-Park Crescent.

Edited by boyfriday