My big fieght at Manor Top.

The day had come, i finally had to have my first fieght since leaving school.

A big time Charley called big Alan had been casting aspersions about my true love Avril.

Avril was as pure as driven snow and would not have been up to the disgusting hanky panky that the turd Allan [big] was spreading about her.

The scene was set my mates Jimmy Bradshaw and Rodney Goodison were egging me on and it was decided that i had to go into Manor Top snooker hall and chin Big Al.

The trouble was that i

was not very good at all this fieghting game and would rather let the whole thing blow over.

But as all ready said the scene was set and i descended into the dark depths of Manor Top Snooker Hall.

Straight past no one table i strode and there he was smoking his Woodbine and looking straight into my terrified eyes. Big Al!

I grabbed his string tie and it came of in my hands as it was a clip on.

This made Big Al mad and he grabbed the lapels of my powder blue Brian Mills coat and spread eagled me on no two table, he then used the snooker chalk to write on my head that i practised safe sex.

But then just as i thought that i had bit of more than i could chew i grabbed the string that lowered the big round lights that lit the snooker tables in those days and it crashed down on Big Allans head ,

This god send which covered the said big head in burning 150 watts bulb made me very brave and i was up like a flash to hammer the top of the Chinese looking hat that was on his head with a snooker Que.

The big knuckler was now shouting that he was fed up with all this malarkey, but i was now in full flight with snooker Que and demanding no more untruths be told about my beloved Avril.

He said he was sorry.

I walked out of Manor Top Snooker Hall just like Gary Cooper did when he left town in the picture called Shane.

The out come was, that Jimmy Bradshaw and Rodney Goodison thought i could now fieght which was wrong.

Tom the snooker hall keeper barred me for life.

Avril packed me up and married big AL four years later.

And now every time i pass the Manor Top and glance towards the now super Market that used to be a Palace of dreams with a snooker hall underneath i think what a t--t i was!

Well a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do Cuttsie.

My memorable moment at Manor Top was the time I cycled up to the library from Gleadless. As I leant my bike against the wall I had a distinct feeling of foreboding as I clocked a pair of ne'er-do-wells leaning against the railing next to those steps that were so effective for keeping out wheelchair users in those days.

When I came out they'd nicked a couple of spanners from the saddle bag.

Of course it would have been the bike these days. :mad:

Well a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do Cuttsie.

My memorable moment at Manor Top was the time I cycled up to the library from Gleadless. As I leant my bike against the wall I had a distinct feeling of foreboding as I clocked a pair of ne'er-do-wells leaning against the railing next to those steps that were so effective for keeping out wheelchair users in those days.

When I came out they'd nicked a couple of spanners from the saddle bag.

Of course it would have been the bike these days. :mad:

What size was the spanners Jim!

My older brother used to frequent the snooker hall and not come home for his tea, mum soon put a stop to that when she went in and at the top of her voice asked for him by name, 'tell him his tea's ready!' bit embarrassing when you're only 16 :hihi:

My memories of Manor library was when all the babies toys were stolen from his pram--- now days it would have probably been the baby.

hazel

Well cuttsie, other than getting Alan Lad and Gary Cooper mixed up, that was very readable. :hihi::hihi::hihi:

Well cuttsie, other than getting Alan Lad and Gary Cooper mixed up, that was very readable. :hihi::hihi::hihi:

Realised that Crookesey , But Alan Ladd was a short arse , Coops was mean and moody just like me when i nonchalantly strode out of The Manor Top snooker oyle!

think I still got those spanners to this day....10mm and a 14mm he he

think I still got those spanners to this day....10mm and a 14mm he he

Now we know you are kidding every thing was in inches then especially on a Raleigh.

Realised that Crookesey , But Alan Ladd was a short arse , Coops was mean and moody just like me when i nonchalantly strode out of The Manor Top snooker oyle!

Audie Murphy was a real short arse, they used to dig a ditch for other actors to stand in when he had to go face to face with them. However he was America's most highly decorated serviceman during WW11, so irrespective of being vertically challenged, the guy was a real hero.

Oh I forgot to remind you, Gary Cooper and Randolph Scott were reputed to be gay lovers, owt you want to tell us cuttsie?

Edited by crookesey
last paragraph

Now we know you are kidding every thing was in inches then especially on a Raleigh.

then explain to me how you get 10mm to inch ? lol:hihi:

Audie Murphy was a real short arse, they used to dig a ditch for other actors to stand in when he had to go face to face with them. However he was America's most highly decorated serviceman during WW11, so irrespective of being vertically challenged, the guy was a real hero.

Oh I forgot to remind you, Gary Cooper and Randolph Scott were reputed to be gay lovers, owt you want to tell us cuttsie?

That's absurd you will be saying the same thing about the original macro man Rock Hudson next.