Robert Beckett (Deceased) had an Engineering Company in Sheffield

I am looking for any relatives of Mr Robert Beckett (deceased) who owned an Engineering Company in Sheffield in and around 1961. He was the original owner of my Austin Healey 100 'M' from 1955 to 1961. I would like to contact his family who may be able to help me in tracing information on his ownership of my car.

When he owned it, it had a cherished number plate ET 5. I look forward to hearing from anyone with information on his existing family. I know of the present owner of ET 5 and it is not still with his family.:help:

I am looking for any relatives of Mr Robert Beckett (deceased) who owned an Engineering Company in Sheffield in and around 1961. He was the original owner of my Austin Healey 100 'M' from 1955 to 1961. I would like to contact his family who may be able to help me in tracing information on his ownership of my car.

When he owned it, it had a cherished number plate ET 5. I look forward to hearing from anyone with information on his existing family. I know of the present owner of ET 5 and it is not still with his family.:help:

Becketts had an Engineering shop just of the bottom of Fitzwillliam St ,every one who needed a cylinder head skim would take it to them.

Hi pacman123 & cuttsie,

Not sure about any of Roberts family, I just have his name from the guy who bought the Austin Healey 100 from him.

It's nice to know he was into working on car engines (cylinder heads), I am not sure if he used the car (now my car) for any form of Motorsport as it was fitted with a Le Mans kit at that time. Thanks for your interest both.

Have you considered contacting the Sheffield Star newspaper who do a feature column on Saturday for people to trace relatives/friends etc.

You may be fortunate in finding a living relative.

I did use the Star sometime back to get to where I am now, but it might be worth trying again with my latest quest, good idea thanks Duffems

I did use the Star sometime back to get to where I am now, but it might be worth trying again with my latest quest, good idea thanks Duffems

Do you have any detail of the man himself DOB, his marriage and subsequent children which may help if you can add a bit more detail to an article.

Contact hillsboro on the forum.He's got census records which may help.

Hi Austin..I had two healey 3000,s 6887PO and 116 WRR..first one came from Camden Motors in Leighton Buzzard and WRR came from Lucas of Mansfield...Salesman Joe Hancock....Collected new from factory in Abingdon...Wonder where these two cars ended up??? The only other Healey I know of was owned by the Earl of Wharncliffe.in

Sheffield..This one now sits at Beauleigh museum.. It was a Red Austin Healey 100.

Becket and Garner engineering company down neepsend they straightened out my motorcycle forks after an accident around 1980 the star archives will have info!

Yes, Beckett and Garner used to be based Off Fitzwilliam Street and were the auto-motive engineers of choice in the City. They were able to repair damaged or worn engines. I had my Mini gearbox repaired there in the mid-1970s.

Robert Beckett and Beckett and garner were two seperate companies but both in the same area around Hodgeson St off Fitzwilliam St.