Robert Beckett (Deceased) had an Engineering Company in Sheffield

Austin1

Thanks folks for the info, I have already had dealings with Hillsboro, when he helped me track down the owner from 1961 onwards Dr V Tyson who is a very nice chap. PJKAY you can see if the cars you owned are still registered in UK by going onto the DVLC web site - & puting in the registration numbers. Sorry Duffems only have the name Robert Beckett and no other details only that he lived in Sheffield in the 1960's and had the Engineering Company, whether his wife is still alive I do not know, or even if he had a family.

I just hope someone out their was very close to him and knows about the car.

I also chased The 4th Earl of Wharncliffs history earlier, thinking he may have been the past owner of my A-H 100 M, but saw his car in The National Motor Museum too. I checked on his cars registration in the Sheffield Archives when I was looking for my car's details and his details all tied up!

The Austin Healey Club UK of which I am a member do have records, but I have found them very hard to approach for information. The club has only been running since 1961 (50th Anniversary this year) so Robert Beckett's from 1955 - 1961 would not have been able to be a member then!

I can only guess his age and would reckon he was born around 1926 making him about 37 years old in 1961. I only say this because the chap he sold it to (Dr Tyson), his friend, was also about that age in 1961. Not sure when he died!

• 5 years later...

I understand Bob Beckett had a son called Michael. He married a girl called Gillian Allcard in 1978. I think they were eventually divorced and understand she now lives in the Ripon / Thirsk area

---------- Post added 09-10-2016 at 07:17 ----------

The Beckett Engineering shop, I remember was on Sylvester street.