Woodseats School chesterfield road

Anyone went to Woodseats school 1951 to 56

yes i was at woodseats road school , i was their from 1955 - 1961 , my name was carole mcguiness also there was ann jepson , from there i went to jordathorpe girls school

I went to both the infants and junior schools from 1949 to 1954. Can still remember a lot of my classmates and teachers names.

I went from around 1975-79 . Had some happy times there

Carol Mcguiness did you used to live on Matilda Street.If so me and my sisters used to come to your house. Pat Susan and me Linda Thompson we used to live in the house of Atkins cutlery firm.Im just scrolling through the forum looking for a post and saw your name on here.

My Father went to Woodseats School he was born in 1912. So would guess that would be about 1917 until he left about the age of fourteen. Still have a merit book he got for being good at maths.

I went to Woodseats Juniors and infants in the 1950's, I then went on to Jordanthorpe.

Follow link for photo from 1955

Woodeats school

Edited by Beauchiefs
personal

If you go on friends reunited I have posted a school photo from around 1955 on Woodseats School, there are a few people whose names I remember, John Bluff, Eric Adlington, John Heathcote, Mr Bashforth the teacher, John Warsop, try and fill in the other names.

Ian

Hi amilo did you live on Matilda St,

I went to Woodseats from 1954 to 1957. Moved there from Lowfields. Lived off Abbey Lane. Should have gone to Abbey Lane. Wouldn't have us. Snobs. Didn't fancy people from Heeley. Can't remember much now but my last teacher was Mr Bennett. He must have been a genius because somehow he got me thru' the 11 plus.

Edited by SonofFred
Spelling errors