Freeview Tuning/ Digital switchover megathread

Well I'm glad it's not just me. I've bought a Sony TV and a Humax box in the past few months and was very pleased with both: great reception and 2 lots of the main channels to choose from. Then came retune day: I did a full retune as instructed. The TV is fine, but the reception on the Humax box for BBC1 and BBC2 is rubbish - picture and sound both breaking up and half the time, if I go to the programme guide it's not showing any details - just blank bars, so I can't select programmes to record. The alternatives in the 800s on the list are never there any more. I'm on top of the hill in Crookes and in the attic have been able to get some Freeview channels with an indoor aerial until recently, so I can't understand why there are suddenly problems. I hope it resolves after the final retune. I'm going to be very cross if I have to pay someone to sort this out, as I've had no choice in this switchover. Wish I'd stayed with Sky.

Hi, with you living up there in a good reception area your tv can find channels from more than one transmitter and it's possible that the tv has tuned itself onto the the wrong transmitter for some of the channels, the best thing to do is wait till Wednesday and do another full factory reset then you should find it tunes itself in correctly, if not the the only other way is a manual tune but you need to know what your doing and what the frequency numbers are for your required transmitter. Hope this helps, ps this also go's for any type of freeview receiver

Edited by AtiAerials

We've got a small flat screen in our caravan at chapel st leonards, we've had a new digital Ariel installed, we've retuned, no probs except we haven't got any radio channels...any help please..:)

I stayed in a caravan last week which only had a few channels on freeview, when I examined the setup, it was simply a matter of the aerial connector to the freeview box being loose, I simply tightened it up, re-tuned and got all the channels.

Something this simple is easily overlooked, so before seeking help, check that all connections are correct & tight.

hope this helps

Crosser.

I stayed in a caravan last week which only had a few channels on freeview, when I examined the setup, it was simply a matter of the aerial connector to the freeview box being loose, I simply tightened it up, re-tuned and got all the channels.

Something this simple is easily overlooked, so before seeking help, check that all connections are correct & tight.

hope this helps

Crosser.

A bit like the 64k ram upgrades on your ZX81 then??

A bit like the 64k ram upgrades on your ZX81 then??

:hihi::hihi::hihi: I remember them :hihi::hihi::hihi:

I'm right annoyed ! Was watching Ali G in da house when all my channels disappeared at 00:06. You'd have thought they would do the switchover at a time when less stuff is on the tv ?! :rant:

Was just watching Shameless first look on E4, chanels scrambled again had to retune, it's a right mess now, did a retune earlier this month all was fine, but not now, anyone else with same problem?

lost half channels just after 12 lost the lot few mins after lol

Yep lost all mine, re-tuned 10 mins ago and got all the bbc but now I have nowt.

Grrrr!

Other tv i have in kitchen found 84 services loads missing, main tv in living room only found 52, i have 2 seperate Digital Ariels pointing same way both same tv's but only 52 services. this is after 5 re-tunes same result each time.

Does anyone live near Dore railway station? Have you got reception? Everything just pixellates ... will this change on the 28th?

I'm right annoyed ! Was watching Ali G in da house when all my channels disappeared at 00:06. You'd have thought they would do the switchover at a time when less stuff is on the tv ?! :rant:

I was thinking that!

Just re-tuned and now all the ITV channels are crap. For the last couple of month it has been BBC channels that have been flakey.

I assume they are still switching stuff over because once the analogue is shut down the digi signals are supposed to be transmitted at 30% greater power.

R.I.P. Analogue TV in South Yorkshire! :(

John X

Does anyone live near Dore railway station? Have you got reception? Everything just pixellates ... will this change on the 28th?

NO! FACT! MOS has seen fit that only people with dishes will recieve a signal. FACT!