If they swapped their guns for tools.

I was watching the news last night and the subject of Somalia came up. One thing was apparent a lot of the time. So many men had guns. Now I have never seen anything built with a gun, only destroyed. Do the men of Somalia not realise that you build a country with tools and not guns. Should we not help them until they do realise? Why should we possibly help a situation which seems entirely self inflicted. Sure I feel for the people but it's their leaders that they should seek help from.

I was watching the news last night and the subject of Somalia came up. One thing was apparent a lot of the time. So many men had guns. Now I have never seen anything built with a gun, only destroyed. Do the men of Somalia not realise that you build a country with tools and not guns. Should we not help them until they do realise? Why should we possibly help a situation which seems entirely self inflicted. Sure I feel for the people but it's their leaders that they should seek help from.

What would you do if our leader was Abu Hamza?

Providing he was democratically elected in I wouldn't have much say. Though I imagine if he did get into power there would be a lot of citizens who would wish to exchange their tools for guns and have him removed. What's your point?

The reality is that the leaders rule by fear and I know that this will upset certain people but that fear is put in place by the medieval version of Islam that controls the country.

While ever Islam controls most of Somalia things will not improve as the religious leaders fear change and modernisation will loosen their grip on the people who they would rather see starve and die than accept outside aid that may influnce the population.

Let's try and stay within the realms of reality.

The reality is that the leaders rule by fear and I know that this will upset certain people but that fear is put in place by the medieval version of Islam that controls the country.

While ever Islam controls most of Somalia things will not improve as the religious leaders fear change and modernisation will loosen their grip on the people who they would rather see starve and die than accept outside aid that may influnce the population.

So surely we should leave them to it. We can't help them if they're not willing to put down their guns and relax with the religious shenanigans.

One could ask the same question of the arms dealers/manufacturers. Removing the problem at source?

One could ask the same question of the arms dealers/manufacturers. Removing the problem at source?

Blame the user not the drug. Guns will always be made. You can't possibly blame arms manufacturers for how they're used. The people holding the guns to the heads of their fellow countrymen should accept responsibility surely.

Unfortunately when a country hits the skids Stanley tools are no where to be seen. However, the arms dealers swarm in like flies on sh*t and arm everyone for a low low price.

If there was an international swap shop maybe they could trade their guns for something better. . like a different country. . Perhaps Greece or Iceland?

Failing that a guns for ice cream policy would be advantageous as I hear Somalia is quite hot.

Unfortunately when a country hits the skids Stanley tools are no where to be seen. However, the arms dealers swarm in like flies on sh*t and arm everyone for a low low price.

If there was an international swap shop maybe they could trade their guns for something better. . like a different country. . Perhaps Greece or Iceland?

Failing that a guns for ice cream policy would be advantageous as I hear Somalia is quite hot.

But the leaders chose to purchase, carry and use the guns. At some point in that process they should have learned from the teachings of their peaceful religion and decided that working together could be a possible solution.

Tell him to Hookoff.