Best way to deal with trolls

Worry not mark I am, you'd be unable to threaten Mickey Mouse in a debate, so it's doubtful you'd trouble anyone here.

I slapped you down yesterday and enjoyed it:D

Worry not mark I am, you'd be unable to threaten Mickey Mouse in a debate, so it's doubtful you'd trouble anyone here.

BF Loving your response.

There are some trolls on here but not as many as some people think. Just because someone has a different opinion it doesn't make them a troll. Even if they have a stupid opinion, that just makes them stupid! There is plenty of that on here.

A troll left a really nasty and hurtful comment on my terminally ill daughters holiday snaps on youtube.Don't know why they get a kick out of being so sick.They need help.

Youtube is based in the US, they have "free speech" hence no Mods, so idiots can say what they want on there with no fear of reprisals.

I know. WHY do they do that? It's really irritating.

If you've blocked someone, just get rid of their posts entirely.

Ah I see! How do you block a user? I've searched around but can't figure it out.

The problem is trolls making new accounts on a regular basis.

Its possible but its way harder to get a new IP

I have noticed that there seem to be a lot of trolls here lately (not you tro11). They seem intent on casuing arguments and not debating anything but repeating themselves over and over. So should we ignore them and hope they go away or should we ridicule them and mock them for their stupidity?

I know we have some people here who genuinely hate all things Islam but at least they try to argue their belief, but we have a number now who just like to shout a load of hate filled nonsense. So what to do? Ignore or laugh at and ridicule them?

One of the best ways of dealing with trolling that I've seen on here is to 'fight fire with fire'. Basically a troll started a thread in the hope of causing dissent, and instead of falling into the trap other posters just derailed it by writing irrelevant posts.

I would make a link but I know how seriously the mods view the accusation of trolling!

You are, but your a mod so the power balance is yours. even if you do nothing. one of your junior mods could punish me for taking you on in a debate. i guess if im suspended soon ill know im right:roll:

whats the point in a fourm if you all want the same opinion? a general question.

The purpose of a forum is to debate and discuss.

I'm all for different opinions the world would be a miserable place otherwise.

If you get suspended it's for breaking forum rules,which you've even managed to do in this thread, and this isn't even a volatile subject.

I slapped you down yesterday and enjoyed it:D

Hmm, an interesting perspective, perhaps you're right..but don't ever be tempted to take a bite from the Moon, cheese can give you nightmares ;)

It's ironic that a number of posters on this thread as well as the thread starter fit the troll description! Some posters seem to have no self awareness.

Plus the same IP address? yes?

Unless they've faked an IP adress, yes?

unless they've faked an ip adress, yes?

that would take skill, yes? I thought trolls were thick.