Best way to deal with trolls

The only downside to the ignore list is that you can still see posts when quoted by other people. I can't help but peek....

Since you're not a fan of labelling, why are you labelling others?

im taking part in a debate, whatare you doing? sulking about the last time we debated?

well i guess your the expert, so ill bow to your power to make things up as you see fit:)

And there we have the first accusation of dishonesty and a personal insult.

That's what gets threads closed.

I'm entitled to my opinion and it's just as likely to be true as any of yours are.

The only downside to the ignore list is that you can still see posts when quoted by other people. I can't help but peek....

I know. WHY do they do that? It's really irritating.

If you've blocked someone, just get rid of their posts entirely.

I have noticed that there seem to be a lot of trolls here lately (not you tro11). They seem intent on casuing arguments and not debating anything but repeating themselves over and over. So should we ignore them and hope they go away or should we ridicule them and mock them for their stupidity?

I know we have some people here who genuinely hate all things Islam but at least they try to argue their belief, but we have a number now who just like to shout a load of hate filled nonsense. So what to do? Ignore or laugh at and ridicule them?

Totally agree Fc, this new wave of enfants terribles aren't fit to tie the shoe laces of the proper Nastyboys of yore...bartfarst, wolfstalin, mr_contrite, upholsterer etc must be frustrated they can't form the Nazi salute from their graves :hihi:

Ignore or laugh at and ridicule them?

I use all three depending on the content of the post (a method I use on every thread/post I read).

And there we have the first accusation of dishonesty and a personal insult.

That's what gets threads closed.

I'm entitled to my opinion and it's just as likely to be true as any of yours are.

You are, but your a mod so the power balance is yours. even if you do nothing. one of your junior mods could punish me for taking you on in a debate. i guess if im suspended soon ill know im right:roll:

whats the point in a fourm if you all want the same opinion? a general question.

i find calling someone a troll is the first option of a poor debater, normally with a year plus on a site. Then its the other slurs like racist nazi etc. Liberals really know how to hate and bully.

The problem is most trolls tend to have 'new' accounts usually accompanied with high post rate

The problem is most trolls tend to have 'new' accounts usually accompanied with high post rate

Plus the same IP address? yes?

You are, but your a mod so the power balance is yours. even if you do nothing. one of your junior mods could punish me for taking you on in a debate. i guess if im suspended soon ill know im right:roll:

Worry not mark I am, you'd be unable to threaten Mickey Mouse in a debate, so it's doubtful you'd trouble anyone here.

The problem is trolls making new accounts on a regular basis.

A troll left a really nasty and hurtful comment on my terminally ill daughters holiday snaps on youtube.Don't know why they get a kick out of being so sick.They need help.