Stocksbridge: What's it like?

So Stocksbridge is to blame for the crap, is it?;)

Which seems a bit daft to me. Why not simply get a normal bus to the city centre or, better still, drive there, rather than wait for bus, then change @ Middlewood?

You're trying to put people off the place, aren't you?:hihi:

That's some record. Over 900 years:o

No I am merely compiling the comments of others,more editorial than journalistic.

[QUo cubes and Bisto and wonder why the upwardly mobile of SB desert themOTE=gnvqsos;7807075]Dont blame the messenger.SB residents are boycotting local shops and clogging up superior areas(EG Hillsborugh) with their cars.The local shops still stock Ox.As you have stated twice now a lack of entrpreneurial talent means SB cant cope witjh the competiton,a genetic defect reinforced by inertia and stagnation.

I cant remember saying that SB had a lack of entrepreneurial talent or genetic defects reinforced by inertia and stagnation. Please do not put words in my mouth.

[QUo cubes and Bisto and wonder why the upwardly mobile of SB desert themOTE=gnvqsos;7807075]Dont blame the messenger.SB residents are boycotting local shops and clogging up superior areas(EG Hillsborugh) with their cars.The local shops still stock Ox.As you have stated twice now a lack of entrpreneurial talent means SB cant cope witjh the competiton,a genetic defect reinforced by inertia and stagnation.

I cant remember saying that SB had a lack of entrepreneurial talent or genetic defects reinforced by inertia and stagnation. Please do not put words in my mouth.

Well you mentioned a lack of competiton but as you failed to expain this I offered you a reason and filled the vacuum you left .

I dont remember saying there is a lack of competition even though there is. Is this because of lack of footfall or is lack of footfall caused by lack of competition?.

In which case reread your posts and you will find why it is hard to argue with you-you dont retain your own contributions,hence your confusion.

This sort of response is one of the reasons that Stocksbridge gets a bad name for being backward. If as you say it would transfer jobs from elswhere they would not be from shops in Stocksbridge but from elsewhere because the vast majority of residents do not shop in Stocksbridge and if the existing shops in Stocksbridge fail to corner their share of the bigger footfall do they deserve it. It is only the same as the steel works and people losing their jobs because they could not beat the competition.

I have made your comments bold for your use!

In which case reread your posts and you will find why it is hard to argue with you-you dont retain your own contributions,hence your confusion.

I am not looking for argument,merely clarification. However I think I will let others judge on that. We seemto have strayed somewhat from the original thread.

I am not looking for argument,merely clarification. However I think I will let others judge on that. We seemto have strayed somewhat from the original thread.

Please dont include me in the we bit as I have been quite clear albeit in a contrary fashion.

Please dont include me in the we bit as I have been quite clear albeit in a contrary fashion.

I dont intend to include you and your little troll group in any further discussion. You are obviously not interested in the subject and I sincerely hope you havnt put the OP off moving to Stocksbridge by your negative comments.

I dont intend to include you and your little troll group in any further discussion. You are obviously not interested in the subject and I sincerely hope you havnt put the OP off moving to Stocksbridge by your negative comments.

The word Troll is so widely misused perhaps its time it was added to the forum filter of banned words.