Did you ever live in Parson Cross?

sandy

To all you Parson Crosser's....did any of you know Frank Parkin who lived on Colley Road in the 80's and maybe 90's? He's my dad and I aint seen him since he hoffmans from my mum when I was two.....I reckon he owes me craploadsa pocket money!

If he's still there let me know

Cheers

My mothers family all grew up on the parson cross lytton cres there were 11 kids elsie, mary, nellie alice harold rene brian evelyn joyce eric jean their name was needham. I spent alot of happy hours playing on the grand at the end of lytton cres the built a supermarket on the land but it was called the grand because they were going to build a cinema i think. my mum still lives on buchanan cres her house is one that has just been modenised. Someone talked about sheff wed players peter swann is my husbands brother-in-law unfortunately we heard he has alzheimers but what a good player and won a few caps for england.

Originally posted by ozgirl

My mothers family all grew up on the parson cross lytton cres there were 11 kids elsie, mary, nellie alice harold rene brian evelyn joyce eric jean their name was needham. I spent alot of happy hours playing on the grand at the end of lytton cres the built a supermarket on the land but it was called the grand because they were going to build a cinema i think. my mum still lives on buchanan cres her house is one that has just been modenised. Someone talked about sheff wed players peter swann is my husbands brother-in-law unfortunately we heard he has alzheimers but what a good player and won a few caps for england.

The houses on lytton cres immediately behind the shops have now been demolished.

Peter Swan was a Sheffield hero to many people. The last I heard, he ran a pub.

yes the house behind the shops have gone but where my mums family lived on lytton cres is still there they lived in a four bedroom house my aunty alice still lives on the cresent . Peter Swan did used to run a pub in fact he had quite a few but the last one was in brimington chesterfield.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived