England are absolute awful at football

htid2011

£20 million for jones £20 million for henderson ment to be 2 solid centre backs the money these guy's are paid and the amount that they are worth and we cant even advance from group stages absolute disgrace both the national squads are.!!!!!!

£20 million for jones £20 million for henderson ment to be 2 solid centre backs the money these guy's are paid and the amount that they are worth and we cant even advance from group stages absolute disgrace both the national squads are.!!!!!!

The group was a really hard draw with 3 other really good under 21 teams. It wasn't a disgrace that we didn't make it out of it, disappointing yes, but a disgrace no.

So.. Englands habit of promising much and delivering very little at tournaments continues. Even the kids (although most of them are now blokes) are well behind the rest of the top european nations. When will the average English football fan wake up and realise england are a second rate footballing nation at best.

So.. Englands habit of promising much and delivering very little at tournaments continues. Even the kids (although most of them are now blokes) are well behind the rest of the top european nations. When will the average English football fan wake up and realise england are a second rate footballing nation at best.

We were so well behind the others we were ranked number one going into this tournament, and we've made the semi-final and the final of the last two tournaments.

We were so well behind the others we were ranked number one going into this tournament, and we've made the semi-final and the final of the last two tournaments.

Great, we make the semis in an 8 team tournament. Like I said, second rate.

It all comes back to coaching this at an early age.Players with skill get it coached out of them.A young lad who used to play for the team i coach made it through to a local academy as a center back & in a game he won the ball & passed it out wide to his fullback.He was told at half time his job was to "win it" then hit the front man.This lad is 14 & was a really good footballer who had masses of confidence on the ball & very rarely put a foot wrong.I have worked with this team for 8 years encouraging them to play pass & move.3 players moved to an A division team a couple of years ago & all they do is fitness work now because the coach there is only interested in winning the league.

Daz

Spain and a few other country's just have that bit of extra class that English players don't seem to have.

I think continental players "appear" to have more style on the ball, i don't think they have more class.

Perhaps that is where the coaches concentrate their efforts, i don't think anyone at any level in the UK teaches or encourages youngsters to get the ball and dribble past 3 or 4 players for example.