The Halcyon Bar Division Street

marylou

£3.70 IS expensive compared to the other bars around that area. Thats why there were girls in the toilets with there own bottles in their bags!!!!!!!! And all the others were drinking the beer!!!!!!!! Im not saying I wont go in there again just wont drink the gin and tonics

Originally posted by Samwise

All your comments are really interesting, but here at The Halcyon we focus on Quality, as well as value, and although our drinks may be a LITTLE more expensive than elsewhere, you do get a larger (35ml) measure of premium brands, Tango 1 is right about the wine mark ups, as with champagnes, cocktails and beers, all our produts are quality, and good value for what you are getting. Visit our website to get listings of entertainment but be sure to check TODAYS MATHEMATICS this wednesday...

I think you've made a bad move charging on the door on Saturday's though.

It's neither here nor there. Either make it free or incorprate it into the drinks prices.

These £2/3 entries make bars look a little tacky IMO.

.... or is it something to do with conditions regarding a late license. If so, then it's unfortunate.

Originally posted by marylou

£3.70 IS expensive compared to the other bars around that area. Thats why there were girls in the toilets with there own bottles in their bags!!!!!!!! And all the others were drinking the beer!!!!!!!! Im not saying I wont go in there again just wont drink the gin and tonics

You are not comparing like for like. Porsches are expensive, but nobody complains about the price and goes next door to Carcraft, do they? You get what you pay for. It was a very well made G&T and well worth the money.

I'm quite sure the Halcyon will not mourn the loss of the custom of the sort of girls who carry a bottle in their handbags. I can't believe that even happens... how trashy is that?

Well i certainly would not like to pay that much for a drink on 'any' night out. If its special fair enough but a typical night?? Whats all that about charging so much for G&T???? I love 1664 but at £2.55 a pint i think its expensive!!!lol

Though i guess that's just me as i'm happy with a bottle of lager at corp at £1.50!!! They dont serve 1664!

And no...i am not tightfisted i just cannot justify spending so much on a nightout unless its special, like a first date!

But that doesn't mean it's not good value...

I used to be the same. When I was a student I never paid more than £1.50 for a G&T. Of course, it was cheap gin and draught tonic, and if you didn't get to the bar quick there was no ice or lemon.... yuk!

Fortunately, I have a bit more spare cash these days, and I also drink far less in one night, so can spend more on each drink.

Not everyone will want to do that. Fair enough - if you have a limited amount of cash in your pocket, and you absolutely must get hammered, then fine, Halcyon ain't for you.

That does not mean that the perfect G&T is not good value at £3.70, and I'm sure Halcyon will continue to fill the place with people who agree with me.

I see Sam posted on the topic! ^_^

£3.70 for a G&T Bombay is nothing. The bar staff at the Halcyon are pretty friendly and very good at what they do. I bought a Bombay G&T at Varsity the other week, and it came to £5, IN VARSITY!!!!

Halcyon is a great venue, with fantastic drinks and it's a nice location - if I'm not at work it's my favourite drinking establishment in Sheffield. And even though I'm a student I certainly don't mind paying that little bit extra, for getting a lot more! :)