Easy Walks in the Peaks

Hello All,

Does anyone know some nice easy walks in the Peaks. I have some friends coming to visit, and and one isnt able to do the more activity intense walks. So hoping someone might know of some "flattish" walks that arent that hard.

Thanks for any help,

Mike

you can walk round ladybower reservoir which is a flat walk. its about 5 mile

Thanks Kevv,

Thats the only flat walk i already know!! And its actually quite a nice one. Dont suppose you know anymore?

Cheers

if you go past the fox house pub theres a place to park about 200 yards on the right. theres a path that goes through the valley which is flat but its not a round walk

The Monsal Trail near Bakewell is an old railway track so is flat and easy.

A bit further out is The Tissington Trail - again flat and well used.

Google for directions.:)

Park at Upperdale or Cressbrook and walk along the river to Miller's Dale. You might see some water voles if you're lucky. Same applies if you park at High Peak Junction and walk south along the Cromford Canal, although strictly speaking it's not in the Peak District.

The Longshaw Estate for a quick saunter?

How about Lady Canning's Plantation up to the Ox Stones, or from the access land outside Ringinglow across to Dore Moor and then catching the bus back?

Fox house to Burbage Bridge,short stroll thats quite flat.

Hi Mike,

how about catching the 218 bus from Sheffield to Baslow and walking over the little bridge there and along the path to Chatsworth House. You could then catch the 214 Matlock bus from Chatsworth House back to Sheffield.

If this walk is not quite far enough for you, you could elongate it by walking over to the Garden Centre, and catch the 214 Matlock bus from there, or you could walk back over to the house and catch the same 214 back from there.

There are some nice wooden benches in the grounds on which to eat your sandwiches and admire the view.

Best wishes,

The Monsal Trail tunnels are now open so you can walk from Miller's Dale to Bakewell...and it's completely flat all the way. More details are on my blog, which can be accessed from my profile page.

One of my favourite places to walk is Monsal Dale.

You have just given me the inspiration to do that walk over the weekend.

Ive not walked through the Monsal tunnel since i was a kid, away on a school trip at Thornbridge Hall.

Happy days :)

We are organising a guided walk at Longshaw if you are interested.

It will be taking place on the 12th June and will be led by experienced walk leader Philip Hetherington.

In addition to acting as a guide to the area, Philip will be teaching the ruddiments of map reading and route planning so if you are interested in walking and want to get more out of your hobby, this could be of interest.

If you would like further details give me a shout or visit the website at http://www.friendsofthepeak.org.uk for details

On a day like today, anywhere is a good place to be walking.