Speed camera detector - which one?

Guest brownd95

Hi everyone,

Can someone tell me which one is best to buy for day to day driving (motorway and urban driving) ??

I am after a unit that is the best for this sort of thing and can detect as many types of cameras out there.

I dont want a sat nav unit with camera warnings. Just a detector unit.

If you can give me some info which you would recommend

I have a VW Bora, does the windowscreen have any film which will stop the unit from working??

cheers

I had a snooper, unless they have suddenly improved then they are all pretty useless to be honest

Drive under the speed limit, then you wont need one.

Save money, use your accelerator pedal and obseve the speed limits

:rant:Do like above 2 post say dont drive over the speed limit it works wonders ! :rant:

Most Sat Navs can be loaded with the locations of fixed speed cameras and possibly some common mobile sites. If you're after an active laser or radar detector thingy, could be pricey!

Most Sat Navs can be loaded with the locations of fixed speed cameras and possibly some common mobile sites. If you're after an active laser or radar detector thingy, could be pricey!

More pricey is your insurance when you start killing people cause people think traffic laws don't apply to them.

More to the point, the detector only works once the laser is returning back to the police man, so it's more of a laugh in your face emitter.

As in BING BING you've just got 3 points.

Drive within the designated limits and you'll be fine.

I had a RoadPilot Micro Go, was about £100 but was £25 every 3 months to keep it activated. That detected all cameras, i used it for a few months but i was reluctant to pay the activation fees, Road Angels are the same.

I've heard of sprays that can be applied to the licence plate which make them unreadable when photgraphed or not viewed from straight ahead, but I can't vouch for their effectiveness or legality.

The roadpilot was good, you could set the speed you want as default warning..i.e 30mph..its said 'Warning...Overspeed!' it was sooo annoying it trains you to keep slower.