Phone Scam: 'Accident Investigation Bureau'

Hi Everyone,

I have just had a phone call from the 'Accident Investigation Bureau' wanting to know about the accident I have had.

But I have not had an accident I replied,

The response was has anyone in your household had an accident within the last 2 years.

This is clearly some form of phone scam.

The caller also with held his number.

Does anyone know who to report this sort of call too?

Mike

I've had several similar calls over the years. Likely connected to no-win/no-fee lawyers looking to generate work. Not sure if it qualifies as a "scam" though.

I had a call from them the other day as well.

He said hospital records showed that someone in my household had had an accident in the last 2 years (which they haven't).

Was very insistant and quite rude - again, number was withheld.

Hi Everyone,

I have just had a phone call from the 'Accident Investigation Bureau' wanting to know about the accident I have had.

But I have not had an accident I replied,

The response was has anyone in your household had an accident within the last 2 years.

This is clearly some form of phone scam.

The caller also with held his number.

Does anyone know who to report this sort of call too?

Mike

Yes I got one this morning and they said have you had an accident recently? I said I had one in my under pants last night on the way home from the pub would that do? he said do you want us to send an application form :loopy: , Edited by Shogun

Chuck yourself down the stairs then call them back dude

Yes I got one this morning and they said have you had and accident recently? I said I had one in my under pants last night on the way home from the pub would that do? he said do you want us to send an application form :loopy: ,

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::clap::clap:

I had a call from them as well, when they said where they were from I kept quiet and put the phone down. The number wasn't witheld, but it started 009 or something odd like that.

The guys is doing his job, No need to act like a clown

I had a call from them as well, when they said where they were from I kept quiet and put the phone down. The number wasn't witheld, but it started 009 or something odd like that.

Yes, they're doing the rounds again. Just say nothing then put the receiver down.

We're ex-directory but, we still get them.

Ex-directory, registered with TPS, still doesn't stop all the calls. They can obviously still get the numbers from somewhere.

Ex-directory, registered with TPS, still doesn't stop all the calls. They can obviously still get the numbers from somewhere.

That's the annoying thing, someone must sell on information to these "scammers".

The guys is doing his job, No need to act like a clown

Why not?

He is in his home and can do what he likes. If people want to make unsolicited phone calls to someone's private phone number they should expect the person who answers the call to be annoyed.

Personally I'd rather have someone act the clown than tell me to go **** myself which they must get all the time!

John X