Speeding fine. Feel cheated.

Thats because its not and the AA agree

"The AA Motoring Trust argues that safer vehicles mean a higher speed limit on motorways is acceptable"

http://www.brake.org.uk/the-uk-motorway-speed-limit-and-why-it-shouldnt-be-raised

Only cra\p drivers think that the speed limits in this country are right and acceptable.

Its time they stopped treating the others like kids and made everyone sit a retest every 10 years.

That would make some on this forum pipe down a bit!

From your link,

Why is Brake against increasing motorway speed limits?

The faster we drive, the less time we have to react and the harder we hit. The Parliamentary Transport Committee estimates that an increase in the speed limit from 70mph to 80mph would result in a 10% rise in casualties on those roads.[1] Research shows that reducing the average speed on a road by just 1mph is likely to reduce the frequency of crashes by 5%.[2]

Probably not the best link to make your case, since the entire point of that Brake page is that the limit shouldn't be increased.

We also seem to be wandering far, far away from the OP's issue, which is that he was speeding in a built-up area, not on a motorway.

You said, "What would be your comments at driving on the autobarn at 160mph which most drivers do on there are they ALL driving dangerously, they are driving within the law of there land"

You seem confused :loopy:

have another read if you still dont understand i will try to explain to you

have another read if you still dont understand i will try to explain to you

Do you want a view on the UK road system or the German road system? You seem confused as to which one you're talking about, unless you think we have autobahns here.

just pay the fine dude.....:o(

I think your allowed the speed limit plus 10% so at 44 in a 40 zone the op would have been ok(ish)

43 in a 30 zone is way over 10% and a bit stoopid.

It's not that you can do 10% over the limit but more to do with the fact that speedos over read by between ~7 and 10%. This means that if your speedo is reading 44mph your probably only doing 40mph.

jb

Do you want a view on the UK road system or the German road system? You seem confused as to which one you're talking about, unless you think we have autobahns here.

Why is 160mph on a German autobahn not dangerous but 80mph in the uk is, my apologise if you did not understand

I just felt like he was a bit sneaky and thought that maybe there should be a camera warnig sign and his car visible. Admittidly I was in the wrong and im not a serial speeder if anything I tend to drive a little slow with fuel being so pricey. Obviously if there was a major error made by the policeman then im sure anyone would like to try and wriggle out of collecting points.

Oh for goodness sake, nothing sneaky about it and how in God's name do you think he made a major error apart from being mean enough to stop poor little you? Stop bleating and pay up.

give the op a break, how many of you lot that are having a go at him drive under the limit ALL the time????

Hardly ever!

In fact I can say that I don't think I've ever driven anywhere without breaking the speed limit at least once on the journey. But with increased speed goes increased awareness.

If the OP wasn't aware of what was going on, on the road ahead of him then he should have been doing 43% under the speed limit, not 43% over it! :roll:

John X

speed kills! what if you knocked over a child and killed them? would you still be saying but i was only doing 40 odd in a 30 zone,pay more concentration to signs and limits,they aint a differant rule for you?,pay the fine and learn your lesson,simple.

i think they should just pull you over and have a word with you! instead of taking money off you all the time!! then its more money to insure because of the 3 points!!! money money money its not funny! im sure a quick ticking off would be all this lad needed, but no!! he must PAY! its wrong diddley wrong wrong:nono:

check out the law in its full form, the standard process the Police will adopt and any leverage you might have; pepipoo.com

im sure a quick ticking off would be all this lad needed,

You are joking, (I hope.)

The OP was caught banged to rights and is whining on about how to wriggle out of it, no lesson learned.

If he'd just got a ticking off by plod, he would probably still be moaning on about it to his mates in the pub!

Still no lesson learned!

John X