Speeding fine. Feel cheated.

I'm sorry but I can't believe you have never ever broken the speed limit in 20 years.

Incidentally, I got caught doing 34 in a 30 zone. Worst part was I saw the copper but mistakenly thought it was a 40mph area.

No offer of the course instead of the points. Paid the £60 took the 3 points, learnt the lesson.

I must just be extremely lucky then considering the amount of speed cameras I must have drove past.

I am always aware of my speed. My daughter often asks me why other cars are overtaking me.......because they are speeding maybe?

No they dont! you can drive dangerously at ANY SPEED!!

:rolleyes:

You obviously haven't read my post properly. I said the two don't have to be mutually exclusive. That means they could go together, or they may be seperate. You were replying to a poster who had been a victim of someone who was driving dangerous AND speeding. That does not mean that in every case of dangerous driving you have to be speeding. It's just means in that case it was.

I'm sure threads on this forum wouldn't have to reach such ridiculous lengths if people could actually understand posts instead of reading what they want to see.

I must just be extremely lucky then considering the amount of speed cameras I must have drove past.

I am always aware of my speed. My daughter often asks me why other cars are overtaking me.......because they are speeding maybe?

Or your driving like an arse!

I haven't, have you?

explain please

explain please

I replied before you edited your post; it sounded like a question and I was bemused as to why you'd think I'd run someone over at 5mph!

But it wasnt an EXAMPLE of speeding it was an example of dangerous driving you gave wasnt it?

It was both. Speeding is dangerous driving anyway. Had my mum been hit by a car that was speeding but not racing someone else they would still have been jailed for causing death by dangerous driving, just got a shorter sentence.

You obviously think speeding is acceptable, as did the lowlife who killed my mum.

I've been driving 24 years, cars and motorbikes.

So I don't consider you lucky, and I still don't believe you have NEVER broken a speed limit, either accidentally or on purpose.

You have just said it was DANGEROUS DRIVING not SPEEDING you need to stop confusing yourself with the two!

How can you thnk speeding is not dangerous? The people who killed my mum were going way above the speed limit, therefore were driving dangerously and were charged. The fact they were racing each other is an added element which meant a longer sentence than speeding alone. In other words there were two of them involved. They were speeding, end of.

I've been driving 24 years, cars and motorbikes.

So I don't consider you lucky, and I still don't believe you have NEVER broken a speed limit, either accidentally or on purpose.

Well I know for a fact I don't drive at 10plus mph above the speed limit. It takes concentration to maintain a constant 30, you might go 1 or 2 above or below. I try my best to keep my needle pointing on the correct figure. It's not exactly difficult.

Edited by jojo23

You have just said it was DANGEROUS DRIVING not SPEEDING you need to stop confusing yourself with the two!

SPEEDING = DANGEROUS DRIVING

I THINK IT IS YOU WHO IS CONFUSED.

And I never said it wasn't due to speeding, I said it was both. Speeding and dangerous driving, dangerous driving and speeding, it's the same thing.

And I never said it wasn't due to speeding, I said it was both. Speeding and dangerous driving, dangerous driving and speeding, it's the same thing.

do police cars-ambulance drivers drive dangerous when they have the blue light flashing or would you say it is the drivers that is dangerous and not the speed, i dont contribute to your theory that going over the British speed limit constitutes dangerous driving other wise on the motorways there would be pile ups every hundred yards

He/she obviously cannot get to grips with the idea that it's possible both to speed and drive dangerously at the same time. God only hopes he/she doesn't drive around on the roads of Sheffield for all our safety.

do police cars-ambulance drivers drive dangerous when they have the blue light flashing or would you say it is the drivers that is dangerous and not the speed, i dont contribute to your theory that going over the British speed limit constitutes dangerous driving other wise on the motorways there would be pile ups every hundred yards

There is still an element of danger when emergency vehicles drive faster than the speed limit. You often hear of accidents where emergency vehicles were involved whilst on their way to an emergency.

Whether you're getting at driving dangerously as in the criminal offence or simply driving which could create danger I'm not sure. Obviously they aren't committing the offence of dangerous driving.

What I can't understand about some posters in this thread is their inability to accept that dangerous driving can sometimes also involve speeding. No-one is saying that you have to be speeding to be committing the offence of dangerous driving, or vice versa. But sometimes both offences are being committed at once.