Speeding fine. Feel cheated.

While i do sympathise with your loss i think you are living in Utopia

Speed limits are there for a reason. What is so difficult about sticking to them? If you are caught speeding then there is, quite rightly, a punishment. It's as simple as that. If you choose to exceed the speed limit then don't moan when you have a fine to pay or points added to your license.

So you speed aswell? But as you didn't get caught its ok? But if you did you would accept the punishment?

No, I didn't say I speed as well. In fact I didn't mention anything about my own driving as the thread is about the OP not me. The OP seems to be distressed about the fact he got caught by a cheeky camera and is upset as his licence has been clean up until then. This suggests to me he is unwilling to accept punishment for something he has been caught doing, because of the way in which he was caught. If I chose to break the law then I'm prepared to accept the punishment. If I don't break the law then I wouldn't want the punishment. But as the OP admits, he was speeding thus breaking the law. Hence he should accept the punishment.

Not rocket science is it?

invest in a road angel

Why invest money into something that you should be aware of in the first place, i can see the OP is upset that they have been caught, but admit the mistake take the fine and watch out next time, ive got a clean license have had since i sat my test 10 years ago, i have occasionally broke the speed limit, i havent been caught, but if i was id be a little ****** off, but ive only myself to blame.

but they didn't knock anyone down dumb ass

What a moron you are. As Laughingcow said, how very intelligent. You are probably the same kind of person who killed my mum.

Speed limits are there for a reason. What is so difficult about sticking to them? If you are caught speeding then there is, quite rightly, a punishment. It's as simple as that. If you choose to exceed the speed limit then don't moan when you have a fine to pay or points added to your license.

Check up on how much money is being made from speed courses and speeding tickets and you will have your answer as to why there is so much interest in speeding.

A course costs £85 each class holds 25 x 2 a day x 5 days a week x how ever many are being held in different towns.

21,250 pw x that by 50 well you do the maths (thats just one venue).If i could earn that amount for feeding dodgy info to drivers for a couple of hours id be keen on it too.

And yes Blatent incorrect (dodgy) info!!

If its not about money then why do they need to charge so much?

have i moaned?,can you not find another angle in answer to my post, yes i agree speed limits are there for a reason, but if driver tells me he/she has not gone over a speed limit and broke the law i will show you a person who does not always speak the truth.

What a moron you are. As Laughingcow said, how very intelligent. You are probably the same kind of person who killed my mum.

Why dont you give the whole story instead of just part of it? You know as well as others do it wasnt a matter of speed!Either it was dangerous driving or some other factor and thats completely different!!

Check up on how much money is being made from speed courses and speeding tickets and you will have your answer as to why there is so much interest in speeding.

A course costs £85 each class holds 25 x 2 a day x 5 days a week x how ever many are being held in different towns.

21,250 pw x that by 50 well you do the maths (thats just one venue).If i could earn that amount for feeding dodgy info to drivers for a couple of hours id be keen on it too.

And yes Blatent incorrect (dodgy) info!!

If its not about money then why do they need to charge so much?

I don't really care about how much momey is made from speed awareness courses. What has that got to do with what I said?

I don't really care about how much momey is made from speed awareness courses. What has that got to do with what I said?

"Speed limits are there for a reason"

Why dont you give the whole story instead of just part of it? You know as well as others do it wasnt a matter of speed!Either it was dangerous driving or some other factor and thats completely different!!

It was dangerous driving, namely racing/speeding. No other factors whatsoever. No, that's not what the OP was doing, but all I was saying is why can't people stick to speed limits. Not exactly difficult. Have I just been lucky in 20 years not to get caught? Or maybe I don't exceed the limit.

Like I said, there for a reason. Road laws are there to be abided by, just like any other law.

It was dangerous driving, namely racing/speeding. No other factors whatsoever. No, that's not what the OP was doing, but all I was saying is why can't people stick to speed limits. Not exactly difficult. Have I just been lucky in 20 years not to get caught? Or maybe I don't exceed the limit.

Like I said, there for a reason. Road laws are there to be abided by, just like any other law.

So what has that got to do with this thread?

I'm sure all the people on here who are giving the OP grief, hve never ever speeded themselves, not even a fraction of a MPH over the limit?

I'm sure they are all road saints, or <REMOVED>.

No one is claiming to be a saint. Most people go over the limit at some point for whatever reason and most of the time they don't get caught.

The OP was doing 43 in a 30, well past the change in speed limit. That's not a fraction over or a momentary mistake.

Edited by esme
masked swearing