Thank You Paul Scriven for all you have done for Sheffield

hahahahaha when I first saw this post i thought it was a JOKE and i see it is! Lib Dems are a joke of a party and they hould have lost control ages ago!
When I see comments like this, I can see why Sheffield is sometimes the butt of witticisms from outside. Are some people really this stupid? :rolleyes:

Just edit it to remove the bits you don't want and then re-add the
at the end of sibon's quote :thumbsup:

Sorry.Always get mixed up with this.

I'm sure the paycheck means more to him than our "respect" afterall he didn't take on these "responsibilities" for free did he?

His main concern now is how he won't be able to thrust himself at every passing news crew.

Well observed!

How hard would it be to make the time to find out, before you post, rather than rely on your imagination?

IIRC the amount that individual councillor's are paid is in the public domain, published in the local papers and available on the council website.

Is that a rhetorical question?,or are you going to tell me?.So there is a website that lists EVERY perk,claim and expense?.As well as their salary?.Just curious,since you obviously know all the answers,and can't bare the fact that others may have a different opinion to your own.As proven with your other digs on this thread alone!.:loopy:

Following 3 years of the lowest rises ever, Council tax has been frozen.Under Labour council tax shot up.

Sheffield has recently seen its best ever GCSE results. results are improving faster than the national average.

Lib Dems under Paul Scriven gave power to local communities through Community Assemblies.Decisions are made locally rather than in the Town Hall.

All parts of Sheffield are treated fairly.Under Labour, their favoured areas got more money than others.Labour have said that they will bring back favoured areas.

There havent been any cuts in front line services.Not one library, swimming pool,leisure centre or Surestart centre has closed. In Labour manchester and Leeds, thousands have lost their jobs and fronltine services axed.

Sheffield has massively expanded its doorstep recycling scheme.Planted thousands of new trees.Scrapped charges for green sacks.And now( was) aiming to become self sufficient for energy over the next few years.

Commmunity assemblies has put extra funds in to street sweeping and

Sheffield is to receive millions of pounds to repair every single road in the city.The coalition govt also gave extra cash to repair those damaged in the winter.

WOW,,

So there is only pro's and no con's?.Im going to have to vote Lib dem from now on then!.Or did you just not add any of the bad bits here?.

Is that a rhetorical question?,or are you going to tell me?.So there is a website that lists EVERY perk,claim and expense?.As well as their salary?.Just curious,since you obviously know all the answers,and can't bare the fact that others may have a different opinion to your own.As proven with your other digs on this thread alone!.:loopy:
The reason I said that is because I'm sick of hearing this erroneous mantra that local councillors are somehow wallowing in cash dispensed from the public purse. And if you really wanted to know rather than just criticise, you could easily find out from a number of different sources.

Whatever party they represent, councillors usually end up having to top up their incomes from their own resources because the allowances are small, usually less than £10k pa, there are very few situations where claiming expenses is allowable, and if you can show me a 'perk' I'd be amazed. They also usually end up having to go part time in their normal occupations and take pay cuts and lose career progression. All in the cause of doing their civic duty for their city.

I do at least know what I'm talking about having done my civic duty in the past, which is probably more than most people do. It's not something I'd advise anyone I liked to take on, because it's mostly brickbats and insults and very little praise or appreciation. :)

Edited by rubydazzler
correct the annual allowance figure

I felt I had to reply to this. Maybe it's because the last 2 winters have been particularly bad, maybe it's because the gritters have been sent to other areas of the city, but I've had to walk to work for a week these last 2 years because of the roads weren't cleared.

This year we didn't see a gritter or plough for 6 days after the snow started.

Nor did Birmingham. Sheffield was easier to get around. My son told me London was in a state as well. So really you cannot have a crack at the council when in reality nowhere in Britain coped.

The reason I said that is because I'm sick of hearing this erroneous mantra that local councillors are somehow wallowing in cash dispensed from the public purse. And if you really wanted to know rather than just criticise, you could easily find out from a number of different sources.

Whatever party they represent, councillors usually end up having to top up their incomes from their own resources because the allowances are small, usually less than £10 pa, there are very few situations where claiming expenses is allowable, and if you can show me a 'perk' I'd be amazed. They also usually end up having to go part time in their normal occupations and take pay cuts and lose career progression. All in the cause of doing their civic duty for their city.

I do at least know what I'm talking about having done my civic duty in the past, which is probably more than most people do. It's not something I'd advise anyone I liked to take on, because it's mostly brickbats and insults and very little praise or appreciation. :)

Never a truer word spoken. Hear! hear!

Yes you can look at expense claims etc. Use google, there are a number of sources for such information. :love:

Well done to Jillian for getting re-elected at Broomhall. She is a fine example of a councillor and really works hard for the community and does not turn up to see you only on voting day, like the lib dems and labour councillors.

I want to pass on my thanks to Paul Scriven who has stated that he is standing down as Leader of the Liberal democrats in Sheffield.

Paul has been a great leader and made such a difference to the way that Sheffield has been run over the last few years and many of the councillors join in our appreciation of his hard work and commitment to the people of Sheffield.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/local/scriven_quits_former_council_chief_gives_up_sheffield_lib_dems_leadership_after_poll_disaster_1_3364615

He and the party lost Sheffield the minute that Mr Clegg signed up with the Tories, and in particular, when they reneged on the Forgemaster loan. The people of Sheffield will never forgive the party who hoodwinked us all into accepting modernising values around democracy, libertariansm, only to fall back into pure Thatcherism once elected - and Forgemasters is the local example.

Unfortunaltey, Clegg, Scriven and all they stand for has thrown back the principles of Social and Liberal democracy a good 25 years and perhaps forever. No wonder the Av vote was lost, and that we are left with a 2 party state once again.

I work for the council. I didn't notice any difference when the LibDems got in and I doubt I'll notice any difference now Labour are in.