Whats the best small dog to have?

"toy" being the name given to a small dog to attract attention.. as with dogs called "teacup" a friend has a shih tzu and its lovely - needs lots of walking though having a small bladder and they often crave attention and can have plenty of energy.. poodles are nice dogs but dont know much about them, you can cure the yappy-ness if your willing to train the dog

I've only ever met yappy dachshunds, you mean there are quiet ones! :hihi:

my Tilly is a quiet one. She doesn't bark a lot at all. She's so floppy and laid back at home. We've dragged her all over the country over the last 2 weekends, and she's taken it all in her stride. She is shy, but I'd say she is beginning to come out of her shell. :)

Ive looked at a toy poodle what are they like?

Well our poodle x is very similar in size to a toy poodle. My nanan also had one years ago. Both dogs I found to have very gentle and placid natures. Our dog is very undemanding and likes his cuddles. I would think that they don't need masses of exercise, although our dog does get walked four times a day and for a minimum of 20 minutes, but I guess that is just personal choice. They do not lose hair like most other dogs, so this is great, they will need regular hair cuts though.

"toy" being the name given to a small dog to attract attention.. as with dogs called "teacup" a friend has a shih tzu and its lovely - needs lots of walking though having a small bladder and they often crave attention and can have plenty of energy.. poodles are nice dogs but dont know much about them, you can cure the yappy-ness if your willing to train the dog

What so your saying toy poodles will make lots of noise?

Jack Russell :) not many will agree with me,

I would agree with that. I had a gorgeous JR many yearsago - not yappy at all, very affectionate and had such a personality. She was amazing!! :love:

both are hard to groom yourself unless you know what you are doing, both will cost between 25- 40 pound every 4 to 6 wk at groomer

mmmmm i have a shihtzus my self and it costs me £25 for two dogs and thats forr a groomer come to my house every 8 weeks