Sign in to follow this  

What is it that makes your life worth living?

People talk of the meaning of life. I think everyone has their own meaning to life, but what is it that makes your life worth living? What is it that makes all the bad things ok?

For me it is the love I share with my husband and the good things I can do as a teacher.

The love I have for Richard brings me great inner peace and immense joy and the feeling of helping little ones gives me a sense of purpose.

I live for coming on here and annoying people who seem to have no life outside this 'board'.

Seriously though, I try to bring happiness and joy wherever I am - well sort of :)

Exactly, my perfect girlfriend Sharon makes everything OK. All it takes is a smile.

Originally posted by Internetowl

I live for coming on here and annoying people who seem to have no life outside this 'board'.

I know what you mean, I try to limit myself but I guess it's my guilty pleasure.

That and driving my "child killing" 4x4 which I like to park on the pavement, smoking in public places, slagging off bus drivers and flying the cross of St. George.

That about covers it.

:heyhey:

Originally posted by Internetowl

Seriously though, I try to bring happiness and joy wherever I am - well sort of :)

I have a life outside the board and you still said I was a man!! :confused:

Anyway....

Not much at the moment, but I'm looking for something to make it all worth it

What makes my life worth living?

The fact I can afford food to eat and I have not only a roof over my head but my own room.

I can go to uni and study anything I want to. I have access to millions and millions of books.

I have civil and political rights - I can freely take part in the politics of my country without fear of repression. I can choose to sit in the pub with my friends or go to work without being told this is not the place of a woman.

I can afford food, medicine, clothing, shoes, education, shelter and all the luxuries - entertainment, holidays etc.

My family aren't at risk from disease or persecution. In fact, they're all relatively safe and well.

Maybe if I lived in Pakistan and my home and village had just been destroyed, and half my family had died, I'd be wondering, whats the point? As it is, I've got everything to live for :)

Originally posted by kathythebean

What makes my life worth living?

The fact I can afford food to eat and I have not only a roof over my head but my own room.

I can go to uni and study anything I want to. I have access to millions and millions of books.

I have civil and political rights - I can freely take part in the politics of my country without fear of repression. I can choose to sit in the pub with my friends or go to work without being told this is not the place of a woman.

I can afford food, medicine, clothing, shoes, education, shelter and all the luxuries - entertainment, holidays etc.

My family aren't at risk from disease or persecution. In fact, they're all relatively safe and well.

Maybe if I lived in Pakistan and my home and village had just been destroyed, and half my family had died, I'd be wondering, whats the point? As it is, I've got everything to live for :)

You forgot to mention the huge variety of crisp flavours in the UK. Who cares about crippling taxes? We have all this!!!;)

Well, I don't pay taxes, so I'm fine :P

"Well then," said Pooh, "what I like best," and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. Milne

The word he was looking for Kathy, was 'happiness' that's what makes life worth living. Pure and simple. ;)

Being able to travel and the feelings of freedom that it gives.