Dogs Off Leads In Parks - The Legal Position

It can be once marked out-there are many parks(eg Richmond) where space is allocated for football etc.Do you not visit many parks?

I do, however the park in question is Hillsborough park. 'Most' parks are just parks. Many don't have pitches marked out.

Edited by Dominoes

It isnt used as a permanent football pitch is my argument. Therefore a dogs right as much as a persons.[/QUOTE]

You need a verb in your sentence,unless your aim is to confuse.I do not think a dog has any rights and if entering a park solo would be captured by the dog patrol.Do you think a dog has legal rights?

People keep saying the dogs were unsupervised, which according to the original post, is false as he was with them and cleaned up the poo straight away.

People are also insisting that dogs should be in a lead in parks. I don't see why this is relevant in this case. Dogs poo while they are on the lead. Responsible keepers pick up after their dogs, which the OP apparently did.

I'm not overly fond of dogs personally, and have never had one. However, I don't understand why some people are so anti-dog. At least this keeper picked up after the dog. Who picks up after the pigeons who had probably already dropped poo on the bench the couple were sitting on? I wish someone could control the seagull who dropped a load on my food while on holiday this summer! Are there any laws on whether seagulls are allowed out without a lead?

People keep saying the dogs were unsupervised, which according to the original post, is false as he was with them and cleaned up the poo straight away.

People are also insisting that dogs should be in a lead in parks. I don't see why this is relevant in this case. Dogs poo while they are on the lead. Responsible keepers pick up after their dogs, which the OP apparently did.

I'm not overly fond of dogs personally, and have never had one. However, I don't understand why some people are so anti-dog. At least this keeper picked up after the dog. Who picks up after the pigeons who had probably already dropped poo on the bench the couple were sitting on? I wish someone could control the seagull who dropped a load on my food while on holiday this summer! Are there any laws on whether seagulls are allowed out without a lead?

There are certain laws which allow the culling of pigeons.

I think fat Dave needs speaking to by the police.

Also, this isn't about dogs but rather someone's attitude as he wants to be violent [ repeating the desire to assault] several times.

Such people make parks unsafe.

Mmmm I wonder if Fat Dave is still available nearly two and a half years later to be spoken to by the police, :rolleyes:

It isnt used as a permanent football pitch is my argument. Therefore a dogs right as much as a persons.[/QUOTE]

You need a verb in your sentence,unless your aim is to confuse.I do not think a dog has any rights and if entering a park solo would be captured by the dog patrol.Do you think a dog has legal rights?

If you wish to pick me up on grammar and or/spelling to help make you point try entering a space after a full stop or a comma.

Edited by Dominoes