Millhouses Park in the sun

Ive been to millhouses ever day this week to walk the dog. How fab to see all the families and kids enjoying the lovely weather. There is a downside to this:(

Just got back and the park is strewn with litter from picnics and drink bottles/cans.

So please people, please put or rubbish in the bin and if your teenager has been using the park, please ask them to make sure they clean up after themselves too.

Ive been to millhouses ever day this week to walk the dog. How fab to see all the families and kids enjoying the lovely weather. There is a downside to this:(

Just got back and the park is strewn with litter from picnics and drink bottles/cans.

So please people, please put or rubbish in the bin and if your teenager has been using the park, please ask them to make sure they clean up after themselves too.

One problem I have noticed is all the bins are bursting full.

Fair point but no excuse to litter! Hang onto it till you get to a bin or pop it in a bag and take it home!

Fair point but no excuse to litter! Hang onto it till you get to a bin or pop it in a bag and take it home!

We always take a carrier bag for ours and usually end up with it back in the car, Graves park is the same as well.

We have been to Cannon Hall today and same problem there, down on the front towards the river, litter everywhere, some people had even bagged their rubbish up in carriers but left them in a pile, why can't they just take them with them....:rant::rant::rant:

You know when some-one asks you what you'd wish for if you had three wishes, I sometimes think one of my wishes would have to be all the stuff discarded by people with no thought should be returned to the litter lout, either dropping on their head or just appearing in their house.

I've seen people dropping litter within a few feet of a bin and often wonder how can our society of become so thoughtless.

Same thing happens at Chatsworth, these people will only spoil it for everyone else. I love it there, its depressing when you leave and see the massive amount of crap everywhere :(

It dosnt take much to take the rubbish away with them each time we go places i always have a spare carrier for the rubbish an if the bins are full take it back with me it isnt hard its just ruining it for other people an making the places look a tip :rant:

Its the same everywhere, I imagine the beaches will suffer the same fate this weekend.

Its a no-win situation because if you put police or other enforcement officers at the places giving out fines people just start whinging about how its a "police state" or they're "nazis". But is it any wonder when adults have to be told what to do like children?

Same here, we always take a carrier bag or two and discard rubbish in them, and take it back with us if no bins are around.

I think it gets harder with children though, as much as I try to tell children to not litter the place, they manage to either forget or still do it knowing full well they've been told its wrong. But we as adults have the responsibility that if our children litter the environement then we need to clean up after their mess.

Last week at Chatsworth was the same, there were crisp packets and tissues by the riverside!

I think this is true of all parks. It can be difficult for them to be emptied if the park is crowded. The answer is to take litter home. Claiming that bins are full is no excuse for throwing litter on the ground.

Its the same everywhere, I imagine the beaches will suffer the same fate this weekend.

Its a no-win situation because if you put police or other enforcement officers at the places giving out fines people just start whinging about how its a "police state" or they're "nazis". But is it any wonder when adults have to be told what to do like children?

We went to Matlock last summer and it was the complete opposite, very little rubbish anywhere, only round the bins where people had bagged up their rubbish but at least left it by the bin and not strewn everywhere, so nice to see it can be done. We even saw a group of teenagers, and one of them threw an empty drinks container on the grass and one of the other lads told him to pick it up and he did, pity Hillsborough park isn't the same...